Best Explosive Resistant Blocks?

Haxotic

Hello, soon I am starting a new building and I am wondering which blocks are most resistant to things such as TNT, creepers, rocket crashes, nuclear meltdowns, etc.. I was thinking of using my abundance of obsidian but I remember it being nerfed to be replaced with IC2 reinforced material. Now that IC2 is gone, is there a new better material?

Obsidian.  simple as that.  Nothing else can compare to its blast resistance.  There might be one or two things that can resist a blast, somewhat, but nothing like obsidian to protect vital locations.

The nerf to obsidian was an IC2 override.  Without IC2 in the pack, obsidian retains its vanilla resistance to explosions.

To make things a little more decorative, you can opt to use Obsidian Glass as well. It is not entirely blast-proof, but will withstand some damage. And, being glass, it is transparent.

For blast-resistent storage, use TE Strongboxes. Iirc, even the basic ones are more or less indestructible.

the most resistant block I know of is a force-field block from mffs

you could build your home out of any material, make a blueprint and use the camo-module...

but this would be a bit energy-inefficient I guess ^^ (could also be a problem if mffs cannot display the blocks correctly, e.g. doubled half-stones)