Better alternative to Redstone Energy Conduits

LSPI

Redstone Conduits can transfer 10k RF/t through each connection. That's the same as the Resonant Energy Cell's maximum output. I'm not sure if the cells' maximum output is per face or not. If it is, you could output 60k RF/t, though you'd have no way to get power back into the cell.

If you absolutely need unlimited throughput (no clue for what -  maybe the output of a massive Big Reactor setup), directly connecting a Tesseract should work.

There's also the energy transfer nodes and pipes from Extra Utilities. Not sure what their max energy transfer rate is, but if it's in line with the rate it transfers items and liquids, it's probably a lot.

I think "each connection" meant separate conduit paths, which will enable each of these paths to carry 10k RF/t. That way, a single Resonant Energy Cell can output 5x10k = 50k RF/t in total, considering the sixth side is reserved for input. A tesseract dedicated to conduit energy output (input being done via another tesseract on that channel) can get 6x10k = 60k RF/t out that way. Of course, direct tesseract connections without conduits can carry much more - no idea how much, though.

It might be necessary to separate the conduit paths with block covers.

Edited by Curunir

Are you sure the cells are configured to output to the conduit sides?  Blue = IN, Orange = OUT.  Also, not sure if the prechargers will pull any power unless they have a laser drill to output to.

Resonants are 10k per face. And redstone conduits arent on a per connection basis. A conduit can have no more than 10k rf in it at a time, so its max throughput is 10k rf/tick, no matter how many connections it has.

Thank you for clarifying that cells are per-face.

My post was correct. I've tested it. For example, you can put 50k RF/t into a Resonant Cell through a single-conduit bottleneck in your system, as long as after that bottleneck there are 5 conduits connected to the cell itself.

Edited by Darth Crater

Welp, the precharger is connected to a laser drill but the energy is literally staying still. It's hanging around 3k RF I think and it's not moving. But the laser drill is confirm working.

Welp, the precharger is connected to a laser drill but the energy is literally staying still. It's hanging around 3k RF I think and it's not moving. But the laser drill is confirm working.

The precharger needs to be have 1 empty space between it and the laser drill, and the correct face of the precharger has to be pointed toward the laser drill.  For the drill, it must have a clear path straight down to the bedrock.

The precharger needs to be have 1 empty space between it and the laser drill, and the correct face of the precharger has to be pointed toward the laser drill.  For the drill, it must have a clear path straight down to the bedrock.

I know. I said the laser drill is working.

I know. I said the laser drill is working.

The GUI of the prechargers has always looked like the energy was sitting there. That is just it moving the power to the drill itself before the GUI has a change to update. Like you said, the drill is working. That and the light moving from precharger to drill block are the two tests for connectivity.

Looks like you're working just fine, LSPI.

The GUI of the prechargers has always looked like the energy was sitting there. That is just it moving the power to the drill itself before the GUI has a change to update. Like you said, the drill is working. That and the light moving from precharger to drill block are the two tests for connectivity.

Looks like you're working just fine, LSPI.

Well okay. So just to make sure there's nothing out there that's better than redstone energy conduits?

Well okay. So just to make sure there's nothing out there that's better than redstone energy conduits?

If I remember I will try the max limit of Extra Utilities Energy Transfer Pipes when I get home from work.

EDIT:

The answer to how much a tranfer pipe can carry is "More than you will ever be able to expend."

Edited by Kezr

If I remember I will try the max limit of Extra Utilities Energy Transfer Pipes when I get home from work.

EDIT:

The answer to how much a tranfer pipe can carry is "More than you will ever be able to expend."

Wait so is that the extra utilities pipe or the conduits? Kinda confused.

Wait so is that the extra utilities pipe or the conduits? Kinda confused.

The mod Extra Utilities uses mainly one kind of pipe, namely the Transfer Pipe. This pipe can carry both items, energy and liquids depending on the type of Transfer Node you use.

As far as I could tell, these will carry at least as much energy as a Thermal Expansion Redstone Conduit. I couldn't really figure out a way to measure accurately. Note that this was without any upgrades in the Energy Transfer Node.

Like I said, I don't know what the upper limit is, but it is a lot.

Aight, thanks!

The mod Extra Utilities uses mainly one kind of pipe, namely the Transfer Pipe. This pipe can carry both items, energy and liquids depending on the type of Transfer Node you use.

As far as I could tell, these will carry at least as much energy as a Thermal Expansion Redstone Conduit. I couldn't really figure out a way to measure accurately. Note that this was without any upgrades in the Energy Transfer Node.

Would a multimeter work on them?

Would a multimeter work on them?

It didn't when I tried. I also tried using the scanner thing that comes with Extra Utilities, but it didn't tell me nothing either.

All I could determine was that it transmits at least as much as a redstone conduit.

If I can find a way to dump energy out of my pipe network I might be able to aproximate what the limit is.

A related note; Energy Transfer Pipes are significantly easier to make than the redstone conduits, but they require an energy transfer node at each place you wish to insert energy into the network. Might be worth using them for longer powerlines if tesseracts are not available.

Further testing shows that a single Energy Transfer Node will output at least 50k rf/t through a single Transfer Pipe. I could not find a way to input more than that into a single node.

is there even something in tekkit atm, that takes more than 10k rf/t (except tesseracts)?

I don't think there's any single machine that can make use of that ammount of power.

Possibly the particle accellerator?

Edited by Kezr

On another note. I was testing out a reactor cell build in creative singleplayer. After messing around for a bit I discovered that the thermometer wasn't working. The reactor cell was going up to the maximum limit before it blew up, bypassing the temperature I set on the thermometer without activating the redstone signal. So that's one thing. Another strange thing was, i tested it out again except I stacked a couple of reactor cells on each other. As usual the thermometer wasn't working. But what's more, the reactor cell was stopping about 1 degrees just before the limit. So it was stopping around 999 ( I think, can't remember the limit) and wasn't blowing up. That's not exactly a bad thing, but I'd rather not take that chance in my SMP world and have it blowing up my base.