Single Player Bugs & Issues

Eye_Mine

I began playing this Mod pack and found it very interesting. However if you play the mod pack in single player there seems to be missing content. Now it would seem to me that this missing content would be the Modder's job to fix and maybe patch it. I certainly hope that's the case cause there are 2 mods I know of that deserve special attention for single player to function properly as the multiplayer does as well. These mods are:

1: Tinkers Construct: The chisel you seem to munch on it like a bone instead of using it properly. I for one thought it was funny but it gets annoying after a while.

2.Carpenters Block:  The chisel does not work at all, this has been confirmed by our ever so lovely Paulsoaresjr from the Mindcrack server. Thank you Paul for confirming this in your first B-Team Episode.

I don't know of any other bugs or problems yet as I have yet to come across. It would be wonderful to see these issues addressed in the next update if not sooner. If anyone else has a bug or missing files to report for single player post them here and just maybe something will be done to patch these errors that are not from our end.

1. The chisel has been that way for a long time from tconstruct - it is intended this way as it is usable on placed blocks to transform them.

2. There is a carpenters specific chisel, and it does indeed work. make sure you use the right one.

Paul confirmed it doesn't work. There is only one carpenters chisel you can craft, that is with one iron bar and one carpenter block. Please launch & test these chisels out in single player. If you right click with the Tinkers Chisel you eat it, if you right click with the carpenters chisel it does nothing. Please test these things or ask Paul for the confirmation. 

The carpenters chisel works in single player. make sure you know how to use the tools given to you. There is no GUI that pops up with the carpenters specific chisel. You use it on placed blocks to modify the texture. This ONLY happens on carpenter based blocks - vanilla and other mod blocks will not accept the change.

And yes, the animation for the chisel from tinkers construct IS indeed the eating animation, but u do not eat the actual item. Try "eating" the item while pointing at stone bricks. You'll notice they change.

Actually the way the Carpenters chisel is supposed to work is you right click and it brings up the menu for the blocks you have in your inventory. It is supposed to work with vanilla blocks as well; ask BdoubleO100, Generikb and Keralis. You then place the block type in the space provided and it gives you an assortment of blocks to choose from. This does not happen what-so-ever we can argue semantics about the mods in question or you could just ask the Mindcrack Team for your proof. Evidently the modder forgot to code single player properly and you sir are unwilling to recognize it.

Well that is how it works in multi-player cause every vid I have seen from BdoubleO100 and everyone else uses the carpenters chisel for it. As I said single player is missing files or something which is causing that menu not to show up I got 5 buttons on my mouse it's a viper gaming mouse that menu will not show up in single player at all.

The carpenters chisel and the chisel mod chisel looks nothing alike, take a closer look at the videos and you'll see they look completely different. And I'm well aware of them and their usages of it as I watch them myself but I have never seen in any of their videos where the carpenters chisel works though I have seen multiple times where they would have both chisels in their inventory.

Eye_Mine, Kalbintion is correct, there are 3 chisels;

Chisel Mod Chisel = the one you're talking about Eye_Mine, this one lets you put blocks into it to be changed into other versions.

Carpenters Chisel = this requires carpenters blocks, and the blocks need their texture to be on already.  It adds a kind of overlay texture.

Tinkers Construct Chisel = this is the one you 'eat', use it on ordinary stone to change it into bricks, etc.

You know what it would of been nice to know there were 3 without me deleting and downloading the technic pack 7 times. I may be old school but darn these modpacks are still fairly new to me. Thank you for clarifying there are 3 cause I only knew of the 2. 

Thank you I fired Minecraft back up in my test world and typed in chisel there is a fat one I never seen before. Took it out spawned some blocks and voila it works. You have been the most helpful today. Now please explain to me how you use those other chisels? The Tinkerer's chisel I never did see a difference besides F5 mode and gnawing on some chisel for a screenshot. I didn't see a difference on any blocks though sadly but lol at least I got the correct chisel.

You can press U (for Usage in NEI) on the chisel from tinkers construct to see its uses. The crafting recipes it brings up is also possible to be done via having that block placed and then using the chisel on it via holding right click, and the block will be transformed once the eating finishes.

About that NEI: Why do I not get and what is the purpose of the sun, moon, and save options? Is that a multiplayer feature or a server feature only? Thirdly in layman's terms could you explain how to set up a server for my friends on the Xbox to join my world. I once downloaded the server data using the link and it gave me a whole lot of terminals and other crap I just looked at it all like what the $&*$% and deleted it all. Too confusing for me.

Those options you see are related to NEI cheat mode (you can change what mode NEI is in via the inventory screen, bottom left button then through the inventory button there)

Afaik, the xbox version of minecraft does not support modpacks nor does it work on the same version of minecraft as the computer version. If there was a way to do this it would have to be done with the a vanilla minecraft server with the version identical to the one used on the xbox.

I know they don't work on the Xbox. lol I meant bringing my friends over to the pc version. Well any ways don't worry apparently me and quite a few others have been posting our issues in the wrong thread. Now I got to figure out how to remove this topic.

The xbox version is almost completely different with about as much in common with indev minecraft as it does with modern versions - it's got a limited, pregenerated block of space to move around in, only supports a few players (8, I think) and has a special peer-to-peer networking system based through xbox live (last I looked you could only host from an xbox in a kind of singleplayer open-to-LAN kind of thing).  I haven't looked in a few months, but with Mojang working on the XB1 version I doubt this has or will change.

This is all down to one critical limitation in the XBox 360 - it's only got 256mb RAM to use for this kind of thing (another 256mb is available but hard to get at, it's intended for video memory).  Allowing bigger/more populous servers would cripple the machine.

This is a topic I should have put in the issue tracker please do not respond to it. I am trying to figure out how to remove it. All posts and topics are categorized and I should of recognized it sooner than later. I apologize for the inconvenience of posting this where I should not have.

I agree, it may have been initially thought to be an issue but as you said before it's a matter of not knowing there were in fact three types of chisel in the pack.  I'm not sure deleting the thread so future users trawling the old posts won't see it helps anything (I'm not sure if you even can do that if you decide otherwise, I think deleting threads is a mod only thing).