Going to update hexxit?

xGrondi

• 1 month later...

Is there a way we can update Hexxit on our own? I mean I realise updating every single mod by hand is going to be exhausting and probly frustrating but, I'm not sure if it can be done. I'm still kind of new to this stuff. :/

The smeltery is getting so frustrating though with all its bugs. ><

You can search for each mod individually and create the pack yourself for whichever MC version you want, nobody is stopping you

is it on the agenda to update hexxit or are there mods needed to be updated? I know if it were to be updated to 1.6 it would be a bit more stable and there would be horses... is there a place where I can find a list for all the mods?

First off I would like to say this Mod Pack is amazing and easily my favorite of the main technic ones.

The one thing I found dissapointing is while it has that adventure party feel I personaly felt like magic was a little bland.

Is there any way we might ever see a bigger magic set of mods? Like maybe Ars Magica 2?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also curious if Hexxit will get an update. It looks in some ways more fun than FTB Magic World 2, but its so sad that its not updated to the new mod versions, and it lacks some mods that seem to enhance adventuring, like Ars Magica 2, Witchery, and others like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have already made an updated version of hexxit. It was earlier in the year, I replaced some mods that weren't compatible etc. It's a TON of work. Loot tables have to be configured, individual settings for different mods have to be configured. I never did get the dungeon spawn rate set to a good median that I liked. They always seem to spawn too often or not enough. Anyway, I named the pack Hexical Future if you want to check it out.

Edit: I got bored and started working on what is essentially hexxit for 1.7.2. More of the mods are updated than I thought. I don't know when I'll actually get around to uploading the pack. The main mod not updated for 1.7 is better dungeons, which is a big one when it comes to hexxit. Right now I'm using DungeonPack and FloatingRuins as supplements in it's absence. So far the only mod I'm actually going to have to do any configuring on is battletowers to get the loot tables fixed. Everything else doesn't use predefined loot tables. I'm about to dive in for a couple hours and actually play it. I've been spending all my time just making sure all the mods work together without any crashes and such.

Edited by theland10

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: I got bored and started working on what is essentially hexxit for 1.7.2. More of the mods are updated than I thought

. Anyway, I named the pack Hexical Future if you want to check it out.

Are you ready jet with your update? Is it playable? Because in another forum I read that hexxit is to complicated to update, because aaaaall the mods from different authors have to be update seperatelly. I would be an improvement even if the vanilla minecraft would be up to date.....I like to build and it is sometimes very frustrading that tained glass or carped is not avaleble

(sorry for my bad grammar)

You can find Hexical Future if you search for it on the technic site. I made that earlier this year. It's basically Hexxit for minecraft 1.6.4. Now that DID take a bit to get configured. The version I'm making thats for 1.7.2 was a lot easier to put together. The only thing I really need to do is set the loot tables for battletowers and infernal mob drops. My internet has been down for the past week however. I'm on a random free wifi hotspot at the moment so I don't know when I'll get it online. I need to find something to replace cloud boots since the better dungeons mod isn't updated for 1.7.2 yet. It feels wrong not being able to get them. That and dimensional doors.

I was going to attempt to tackle a homegrown updated Hexxit modpack myself, but there's no sense reinventing the wheel if you've already done a bunch of legwork.

I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can to speed things along. Let me know if you want any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, we're doing a series on Youtube with Hexxit and some of the bugs are REALLY frustrating. i was wondering if we have the same issues or if certain things can be easily fixed, one main issue we have is Tinkers smeltery, is it just us or are you all having the problem were you cant select which ore to pour out? so you basically have to plan what your smelting in order of when you need it?

Also

Any suggestions on what we can do in the series? we know a lot of the stuff that's in it but we didn't want to read up on it too much so we can still be surprised.

Theres a link to our series below if any of you wanted to check where we are and what we've done.