Minecraft Modding for Dummies

Eye_Mine

Ok the title may be a little over the top but hey let's have fun while I ask some questions if any one else has a question please let this topic be open for all. I may have started this topic, but I feel as though anyone should be able to post in here provided it is related to the topic at hand. Also I am not a admin or a member of the technic staff, I am just a gamer like you.

My Questions begin as follows:

1: How do I create a modpack?

2: How or where do these get installed?

3: When I download a mod do I have to unzip it and manually place the items in different folders? Such as mod to mods, or config to config?

4: Can I just stuff a zipped modpack in my .Minecraft/mods folder?

5: Can some if not all mods run on any version of Minecraft?

I have a ton of questions the list can go on & still I would love to keep on asking. Yes I am slow mentally & I ain't afraid to admit it, if you had as many seizures as I have and lived my life modding a game is difficult. Example: If I could just download (Twilight Forest) and stuff the folder unzipped in my .Minecraft/mods folder and be done that would be awesome! Something tells me there is more to that and if you or anyone can help teach me or anyone else similar to me, please post videos, responses or anything that could help us. Please do not make fun of me or people like me, we have our learning disabilities and we are just like you if not a bit slow to catch on. Remember everyone can post this topic I leave wide open for anyone to post so long as it's related to the topic.

• Moderators

We already have a Modpack guide.

Your title is missleading. In the MC community (any gaming community for that matter) "modding" means creating and modifying a mod itself.

Say if I wanted to make a Materia mod from the Final Fantasy7 universe to Minecraft, that would be "modding".

Modpacking, gathering mods and assembling them to a pack for easy downloading and installment, is something entirely different