Help! Cant allocate more ram to attack of the B-Team

Irishkid

Hi. I cannot get attack of the b-team to work for more than 5 minutes. I was able to play it before on my other computer (worse) I get in the game Multiplayer or single player and after about 5 minutes I cannot play. It lags to about 1 fps. I have looked everywhere and it says to change the ram from the pinwheel looking thing in the launcher in the top right corner. I clicked it and cannot get about 1gb. I get 250mb 500mb or 1gb. That's it. any suggestions?

Note: I have 10gb of ram.

Please help

You need to get the 64-bit version of Java, if you're on mac rather than PC you need the JDK not the JRE.  If you have further problems after that please post on the tracker (link and guidelines in my sig).

Note: I have 10gb of ram.

Just so you're aware, this is a really odd number, generally you should make sure your RAM is in matched identical (as possible) pairs - it runs interleaved when you do that allowing nearly twice the throughput in some applications (it's faster).  2GB extra on a pair of 4GB sticks will make the machine anywhere down to half as fast up until you exceed 8GB RAM usage after which they'll swing back in line and the 4+4+2 setup will take over as being faster.

Edited by Loader

You need to get the 64-bit version of Java, if you're on mac rather than PC you need the JDK not the JRE.  If you have further problems after that please post on the tracker (link and guidelines in my sig).

Just so you're aware, this is a really odd number, generally you should make sure your RAM is in matched identical (as possible) pairs - it runs interleaved when you do that allowing nearly twice the throughput in some applications (it's faster).  2GB extra on a pair of 4GB sticks will make the machine anywhere down to half as fast up until you exceed 8GB RAM usage after which they'll swing back in line and the 4+4+2 setup will take over as being faster.

Thanks man, appreciate it!