A Fairly Simple Power Source [Guide]

Turgle

Alright so I was stuffing around with the Reactant Dynamo trying to figure out a nice power solution for myself, without the use of 10 different machines, and a whole heap of configuration. I wanted to make something that I could easily understand and share with other users - so here you are!

My system uses only the following things:

1x Grinder

1x Witch Spawner

1x Sewer

1x Reactant Dynamo

Any amount of cows (between 8 and 12 tend to work best)

1x Tin Upgrade (for the Sewer block)

1x Gunpowder (to jumpstart it at the end)

The Steps:

1) Start off with a simple 7x7 area (5x5 grass, for the cows) with the Sewer block in the middle.

0O6i5Zv.png

2) Build up some fences and add an amount of cows.

Pu3TUMM.png

3) From the bottom of the Sewer block, attach Fluiducts so it looks like the following image.

63qyIon.png

4) After that, set up the Reactant Dynamo and your choice of Energy Cell (Hardened shown).

kwR8b6O.png

5) Once you've accomplished that, set up a platform for the Witch spawner to go on (PLEASE NOTE: in mine, the minimum space is used, if you'd like to go bigger use conveyor belts to push the witches to the Grinder!)

rBVHzZv.png

6) After that it's time to start with the Itemducts, Energy Conduits and Pneumatic Servo's. From the back of the Grinder block, attach an Itemduct which will lead into a chest and also down. The chest is for all the items you don't want for this power source, the down chute is for Gunpowder and Sugar (the reactants). On the first chest, I'd recommend installing a Pneumatic Servo, then making it so that Gunpowder and Sugar are Blacklisted so they don't go in there. For the chest next to the Power Cell (see pics) use another Pneumatic Servo and whitelist Gunpowder and Sugar to ensure that they go in there and nothing else does. In the pics, when the GUI is up have your set exactly like mine. The first GUI is the top chest, for the other drops, the second one is the Gunpowder and Sugar chest. (Please correct me if I don't need the blacklist one)

55zeodH.png

kL3M8Dx.png

B3uH0Ti.png

Step 6 should look like this:

XFqS17W.png

ZHD2uH4.png

7) Place a piece of Gunpowder in the Reactant Dynamo. This will jumpstart your power source, although it may need a few before witches start dropping enough Sugar/Gunpowder to run it themselves.

Also, if you'd like to try to add a second Reactant Dynamo and have Sugar/Gunpowder separate feel free to tell me if it's more efficient. I hope this helps you out ^^ (and if it doesn't then that's because I made this at 2 am XD)

Edited by Turgle

Didn't know sewage was a viable power source.

Both sewage and mob essence can be used as the liquid in the reactant dynamo. There's also things like Destabilised Redstone and Energised Glowstone.

Energised Glowstone.

Which is really easy to get - an intersection where flowing energised glowstone touches flowing gelid cryotheum condenses the glowstone back into a solid block of glowstone that can then be broken by a block breaker to get an infinite, no power use source of glowstone - you just need to melt it down in a magma crucible (but you'll get a lot more power back than that costs).

Which is really easy to get - an intersection where flowing energised glowstone touches flowing gelid cryotheum condenses the glowstone back into a solid block of glowstone that can then be broken by a block breaker to get an infinite, no power use source of glowstone - you just need to melt it down in a magma crucible (but you'll get a lot more power back than that costs).

I didn't know this, I reckon that would be interesting to try out (plus I wouldn't need to be near the Witch Spawner [even though I went out one night hunting creepers and ended up with over a stack and a half of gunpowder, I've filled a Resonant, 2 Redstones and 75% a third Redstone Cell]).

Could you post an image of it so I'd be able to implement it into my base? :)

Sure, here's the little one from my castle base (I have a little bit of everything in there so everything is simple and miniaturized, they make good examples :))

It's using sugar as a reactant which I would not advise for any real power usage - I've been meaning to get around to replacing it with blazes and use blaze powder instead but I barely use power here as is so it's hard to justify the time setting it up (always the issue with having multiple bases I suppose).

LCaAPQe.jpg
jHBQamm.jpg
Cj9VSRK.jpg

Sure, here's the little one from my castle base (I have a little bit of everything in there so everything is simple and miniaturized, they make good examples :))

It's using sugar as a reactant which I would not advise for any real power usage - I've been meaning to get around to replacing it with blazes and use blaze powder instead but I barely use power here as is so it's hard to justify the time setting it up (always the issue with having multiple bases I suppose).

LCaAPQe.jpg
jHBQamm.jpg
Cj9VSRK.jpg

Oh nice, I might try setting this up if I can find enough time tomorrow :) thanks dude!