HELP| Custom modpack's server crash

omrizod

• Discord Moderator

Your crash report tells you exactly what the problem is:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4057 is already occupied by mods.morepistons.common.block.BlockMorePistonsSuper@5821836d when adding gcewing.sg.SGBaseBlock@3b964f

You have a block ID conflict between MorePistons mod and SGCraft.

On a side note, there is no need to keep bumping. I know there aren't a lot of other folks currently assisting in Platform Pagoda (many thanks to those that do), but I do have a life outside of modpack support and I get back here as quickly and as often as I can. :)

Edited by plowmanplow

Sorry for bumping, as I said, I forgot about this rule, because that i'm new at this forum, and not being too much at other forum either.

And at another time I tried to fixe it, I saw that there was a block ID conflict, so I fixed it, but the server still crashed.

I gonna try it right now.

EDIT:

Yea, it's still crashing.

Here's the newer crash-report:

Crash-report 2.

Thanks for helping me.

Edited by omrizod

• Discord Moderator

Not trying to be confrontational, but are you even looking at your crash report?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4059 is already occupied by mods.morepistons.common.block.BlockMorePistonsSuper@69aee733 when adding gcewing.sg.SGControllerBlock

Actually, no.. I'm so desperate because of previous tries...

I'll check all of the ids and tell you the result...

But I remmember there was something else.

I fixed all of the block Ids conflicts, but the server still crashes.

I could connect to the server, but when I started walking, I felt through the world, but didn't die.

So I disconnected, but then I couldn't connect again.

Here's the newer crash-report:

Crash-report file.

EDIT:

Never mind, it's working now.

I just deleted the world and let it regenerate.

It's because that the world was made with different block ids, I guess.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Hold on... It just crashed again  -_-

I still need help...

And the crash-report file is still the same.

Edited by omrizod

• Discord Moderator

How much memory does the physical machine have which is running this server? (looking at the rest of the pack now)

It is typically bad form to include a texture pack (especially a large one) in your monolithic modpack archive. It bloats the pack and must be downloaded every time you update.

• Your Galacticraft is exceedingly old and should be updated.
  • You currently have Mekanism 5 and IC2 in your pack. Make sure you NEVER use Universal Cable to carry EU. That version of Mek has a known corruption bug if you use Universal Cable to carry EU.
  • You have ID conflicts all over the place. Fix all of those and then come back if you still have issues.
Edited by plowmanplow

My computer has 16GB RAM and my server uses 4GB-8GB RAM.

Ahhm, I don't care TOO MUCH about the texture pack, I like it, and it still downloads pretty fast.

I'll update Galacticticraft. Is it causing an error, or just outdated?

Yea, I remmember that. Thanks for reminding.

Oh, I still have other? I'll check them right now. Thanks!

Where can I find the ID conflicts??

I can't find them.

EDIT:

Oh GOD please help me!

I'm so F*CKING desperate!!!

I've been messin' up with the ids soo much, tried using idfixminus, but nothing works for me!!

Please help me!

I've download clear versions of my modpack and modpack server...

Gonna try fix it again...

I fixed the block ids conflicts, but now I'm falling through the world...

Here's the new crash-report.

Thanks for helping me.

I fixed it!

I just had to delete the world and let the server make a new one.

Thanks for telling me what to fix!

Nope! I was in the server for some seconds, walking around, and then it disconnected me with some java error.

Newest crash-report file.

Please help me!!

Edited by omrizod

Now I have some time to work on it again.

But it gonna take for years, because when my server crashes, I open the latest crash-report text file, and it says there are some ID conflicts, but it only shows one each time, so I need to fix this one, and let the server crash again and show me the next ID conflict, ONE BY ONE!

Where can I see all of the ID conflicts in one time? Like ID conflicts in the launcher/single player.

• Discord Moderator

Debug these in the client. If you get crashes from conflicts try disabling the conflicting mods one at a time until you can again start the pack. Once the client starts open a SSP world and do an ID dump using NEI. Open this file and then look at the config(s) for the mod(s) you disabled. Find an open sequence of IDs (<4095 for worldgen blocks) and make all the required changes at once. I was able to do this with your pack in two edits I believe.

I successfully fixed it, luckly before I saw your last message, because that would confuse me when I was already on the right way :P.

I can join the server with my DNS, but after I join it says (in the server's window) "can't keep up", but it doesn't crash, and I can still keep playing on it.

It bothers me a bit, because it may cause something later on.

Except that, it's working allright so far. I'm going to play it with a friend soon, so I will tell you if I have any problem.

Thanks for helping me!

Edited by omrizod

What do you mean "for the client"?

This is the batch file I use to launch the server:

java -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx8G -Xms4G -jar minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-v164-pregradle.jar nogui
PAUSE

I thought "-Xmx8G" is maximum and "-Xms4G" is minimum.
Can you please tell me where do I change for the client and where for the server?

• Discord Moderator

Server: Unless you are planning on having 20 concurrent users on your server you are much better off allocating less memory. 3G will be plenty for 3 or 4 people and your collection of mods.

Client: The little gear in the top right of the launcher allows you to set how much memory is allocated to the client. It shouldn't be set over 3G except in VERY rare circumstances.