How can I add a modpack to already be on the list when I first launch technic?

omrizod

How can I add a specific modpack to already be on the list when I first launch technich launcher?

I don't mean to add it for everyone, I know it's the admins' decisions, I'm not dumb.

I mean how do I for example:

Download technic launcher from the site, add the modpack I want, and when I send this file to a friend he already has the specific modpack on the list.

It's not ileagal, because I don't open the launcher's coding and change stuff. Just add a modpack to the list on the file itself.

And I want to do it because I want to play a specific modpack with some friends, and need to explain to them how to install it, and they're not computer men, let's say, and also too lazy to even try to hear me out.

So it will be a big help if I could somehow send them the launcher with the specific modpack already on the list.

Please help me.

I don't know what "project foss" is, but I understand I'm not supposed to to it.

I know some basic java coding, I took lessons for a year, but I quit a few days ago..

Maybe basic will be enough. I'll try.

-- Solved, thread can be closed/archived now. --

Edited by omrizod

What do you mean "This is a very straight forward file to modify and distribute"? Sorry for my english.

Do you mean it's ileagal or not?

And I think trying to explains to my friends how to do this is even worse.

I meant that I will somehow change config or something like that to have the specific modpack already on the list when they first open technic launcher, and of course than I will send them the launcher with the modified config. As I already explained, I don't mean to add this to everyone as default, I know It's the admins' decisions, I just want to send it to my friends with the modpack already on the list. Plug n play, ready to go.

I hope it's possible. Thanks for trying to help me.

• Discord Moderator

Trying to do things as you explained, basically completely repackaging the Technic Launcher is going to be a lot more difficult and involved than just:

• Download and run Launcher
  • Click the giant + sign
  • Paste link and save

When you say it like that, it sounds WAY shorter then as I explained o_o.

It's not much of a problem, not at all.

It's just that when I want to explain something to my friends, they are usually like:

"I don't want to do this, it sounds so long and complicated" before I barely started explaining.

But it doesn't matter anymore.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

At least you have friends that just don't like effort. 

Tell them they don't have to do anything that the launcher takes care of 99% of all mod issues. 

Tell them they don't have to do anything that the launcher takes care of 99% of all mod issues. Literally all they have to do is copy and paste one code, download one launcher, and then they have it. It doesn't even effect the computer. 

My friends just reject the idea of modding mine craft if it were a quaker in a Virginian Colony. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0