Making New Modpack: Need Help

SpikeCB

So Im in the planning stage of creating a modpack. I created a private modpack with pixelmon as its main mod, but this is not what i need most help with. If you could tell me ideas for other mods i could add to this modpack that would be helpful :) Anyway so the new modpack i want to make, I dont have a specific set theme of how its supposed to feel but i want to add some of the new mods that have been released like botania and possibly have ae2, and Im thinking of having these mods:

Ic2

Thermal Expansion

Railcraft

Buildcraft

Advanced Genetics (Maybe)

Applied Energistics (1 or 2)

A Type of Mod adding new biomes like Biomes o' Plenty

Bibliocraft

Mekanism

Backpacks (Maybe)

Big Reactors

Blood Magic

Thaumcraft 4

Ars Magica 2

Chisel

ComputerCraft

Compact Solars

EnderIO

Enhanced Portals (Maybe)

Extra Cells

Extra Utilities

Open blocks

Factorization

Forestry

Forge Multipart

Hats Mod

RedPower2? (I heard things about it tho so about it yet)

Inventory Tweaks

JABBA

Logistics Pipes

IronChests

MFFS

Minefactory Reloaded

Mimicry (Not sure yet, seems little to cheaty)

Modular Powersuits

Mystcraft

Natura

Not enough items

Nether Ores

Obsidian Plates

Opis

Portal Gun/ Gravity Gun (Maybe)

Power Converters

Quarry Plus

Project Red

Some sort of minimap mod

ReactorCraft

Redstone Arsenal

Random Things

RemoteIO

Rotarycraft (Maybe)

Steve's Carts

Thaumic Tinkerer

TiConstruct

Tinkers Mechworks

Tinkers Steelworks

Twilight Forest

Waila

Botania

Binnies Core

Carpenter's Blocks

Forbidden Magic

Dartcraft (Maybe)

Damage Indicators (Maybe)

Magical Crops

Magic Bees

Morph

Open Peripheral

Thaumic Reliquary

Chicken Chunks

Steve's Factory Manager

Witchery

WRCBE

Xeno's Reliquary

Flans Mod

Dimensional Anchors

Hardcore Ender Expansion 

Rougle Like Dungeons (Maybe)

Gregtech (Maybe)

Electro-Magic Tools

ICBM (Maybe)

Statues

Galacticraft (Maybe)

-----------------------------------------------

This is what ive got so far, please tell my incompatibilities or mods that arnt updated yet, if i should remove some mods and other things I need to know about making a modpack and about my list. I could also use some help with names for the modpack.

Thanks!

• Discord Moderator

Hmm. Trying to make a pack with that many huge mods (especially pixelmon) as your first pack is going to be an exercise in frustration.

• It will be so large that iteratively testing the pack will take a very long time. Each time you have to start the pack during testing it will take a long time to start.
  • You have included a large number of what I would call "cornerstone" mods. These are mods you would build a whole pack around. Mods like Mekanism, IC2, GalactiCraft, Pixelmon, ThaumCraft and AM2 just to name a few. While it is possible to do that it will make balancing things much more difficult, especially if you include things like RotaryCraft or GregTech which are designed to be the "final say" in crafting and power.
  • A pack of this size is going to be a labor of love. Expect to spend many tens of hours getting things working.

Yea looking at the mods there is a ton of them and pixelmon is with a different modpack not the one im thinking of making. Im probably going to remove either greg tech and/or rotarycraft, and possibly Ars Magica 2 as it can change the balance quite a bit with its healing which can make the rewards you get in blood magic easy, this also goes with Botania too, so i might remove that too, but it isnt all about its healing and such. Any ideas of mods I should remove, add for better balance and such? 

• Discord Moderator

The balance comes in a few flavors.

• Balancing ore generation between mods. How much resources does each mod require? How much generation should happen so that a player could use all the mods that consume a particular ore without making it overly abundant if they choose to focus on one mod. Which type of ore should spawn (copper from four mods, etc.)? Where should it spawn?
  • Balancing power generation and consumption. How much loss should happen when converting? How do blocks from different mods provide shortcuts for the tech trees of other mods?
  • Not really a balance issue, but just configuring Immibis and Forge microblocks along with TreeCapitator can take hours. Fun stuff.

Hmm even figuring out what mods to remove can be frustrating, either way ill try to make one still and continue the regular topic, but i just got an idea for a modpack that isnt much of a game changing mod, rather that it enhances vanilla minecraft, so something like life in the woods, i might make 2 modpacks; one that allows you to still play on servers and one that is meant for singleplayer really, but I haven't joined a server with mods in a while so maybe it changed to allow you to join even if you have mods on. Some basic mods im thinking of adding are:

Shaders

Biomes o' Plenty

Inventory Tweaks

This might break the balance or the enhanced vanilla minecraft theme but tinkers construct? Or maybe another weapon adding mod

Better grass & leaves

Dynamic lighting

Something that adds more food

Bibliocraft?

Nei

Backpacks

and some other things

Got any other cool mods i could add? Or should i just stick to the enhanced minecraft and add things that really dont add items just aesthetic effects?