Costum Server Problem

emesquita

• Discord Moderator

Ahh, now that is a crash report I can work with and is unrelated to your other issue. That is caused by using an amazingly out of date version of MCPC+. MCPC+ is now called Cauldron. You need to get the latest version of the Cauldron installer, install it, and switch to using that.

• Discord Moderator
Running: MCPC+ version git-MCPC-Plus-jenkins-MCPC-Plus-164-230 (MC: 1.6.4) (Implementing API version 1.6.4-R2.1-SNAPSHOT)

This shows that your server JAR is MCPC+ B230. The bug you are having was fixed in B251, but there are MUCH newer versions of Cauldron available. MCPC+ switched to the name Cauldron a couple months ago.

I miss the days of grabbing an MCPC+ jar and dropping it in. Serious gray area on what Cauldron file you use per game version seems like. I tried the .jar labeled server and got a whole bunch of scala/lib reports on startup. Eventually through epic trial and error I got the one that would actually start the server.

I miss the days of grabbing an MCPC+ jar and dropping it in. Serious gray area on what Cauldron file you use per game version seems like. I tried the .jar labeled server and got a whole bunch of scala/lib reports on startup. Eventually through epic trial and error I got the one that would actually start the server.

And this is why you follow the instructions

• Discord Moderator

Cauldron (like Forge) is made up of a main JAR file and a folder full of libraries. Cauldron (like forge) must be installed the first time after which you can just replace the main JAR if doing a minor upgrade. Installing the server just extracts the main JAR and downloads the libraries into a folder. Once you have those you can copy them anywhere you like for setting up your local server.

• Discord Moderator
  • A server does not use a "bin" folder at all. It only uses the JAR file you run to start the server.
  • If you tell the Cauldron installer to "extract" it will only place the server JAR file into your folder. If you tell it to "install" it will place the server JAR file into your folder AND download all the required libraries into your folder. You want to "install".

• Discord Moderator

All of the Technic packs have a server download. Inside that download will be a batch file used to start their server. Just copy one of those files and change the name of the JAR that is executed (after the "-jar") to reference your Cauldron JAR.

• Discord Moderator
-XX:MaxPermSize=7g

Why on earth would you try to allocate 7G of RAM to Permanent Generation space? 256M is probably fine, and a much better place to start.

Update those and come back if you are still having problems.