Random questions (typical newbie confusion) with 2.0.1 beta

Munaus

• Moderators

So I'm a little confused around some stuff around the new beta, but these questions don't belong in Skuli's thread as they are questions on what these new features are.

Feel free to use this thread if you have likewise questions that makes you scratch your head in confusion.

so for starters: what is the infused xp on armour and leveling? I thought it was from zeldas mod but the mod site doesn't mention anything about levelling up armour.

and why does a random music note play whenever I travel a distance or over a place?

As far as I know the infused xp on armor comes from the Ars Magica 2 mod. Basically you kill mobs, armor gains some xp, and eventually you can use an "Armor Imbuement Table" to add special properties. The Arcane Compendium (book you make to start using the mod) goes into greater detail upon creation of the table.

I'm not sure if this is right but I believe the random music note is from the Zelda mod, and it means you are close to a hidden room/block.

I can't seem to get NEI to go into recipe mode so I'm not giving myself items.
Is there a setting or keybind for this?

Also, my mapwriter is not saving the map data when I save and quit. I have to explore the map all over again each time I exit.
Additionally... Enabling teleport in the config file for mapwriter gives an error in game.
It says I do not have permission to do it, even though it is enabled.
I had this problem on my Hexxit 1.5.2 server for players without OP.

Edit: Found the setting to change from cheat to recipe mode.

Edited by Ysonoko

Okay... Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I'm trying to set keepinventory on (yes, I'm dieing alot).
Command block doesn't work, tried going into lan in cheat and creative on, nothing.
Seems like it is impossible to use commands or command block in single player?
No idea, I normally do not need to put keepinventory on in single player.

EDIT: Nevermind... I feel stupid.
Was capitalizing the K, it's lower case... >_>

Edited by Ysonoko

• Moderators

Also, my mapwriter is not saving the map data when I save and quit. I have to explore the map all over again each time I exit.

This was mentioned on Skuli's thread: the map is on the "dimensions" mode, which is very useful when you dig underground tunnels.

For full worldmap visibility you need to click "u" key

I'm not sure if this is right but I believe the random music note is from the Zelda mod, and it means you are close to a hidden room/block.

I can confirm this is true, after digging about 30+ layers I found a secret room beneath. Thanks

Edited by Munaus

Why THE FUCK (yes I mad) are there still project Zulu horses and not the vanilla ones?!?

Am I the only one here who cant stand them (and tries to kill them all before they can make their horrible noises).

Edited by Gio²

• Moderators

Why THE FUCK (yes I mad) are there still project Zulu horses and not the vanilla ones?!?

Am I the only one here who cant stand them (and tries to kill them all before they can make their horrible noises).

I've been stuck in a gigantic snow biome, where horses don't spawn, for a week so they haven't bothered me as much.

This isn't the complaiment thread either, take it up with Skuli

or better yet, isn't there a config option to make them stop spawning?

So I think I've cleared a Zelda dungeon (im at the bottom with netherrack and such) and I've found a water temple boss key... What do I do with it? Is there a boss Im missing in the dungeon?

Munaus, on 20 Aug 2014 - 3:32 PM, said:Munaus, on 20 Aug 2014 - 3:32 PM, said:

I've been stuck in a gigantic snow biome, where horses don't spawn, for a week so they haven't bothered me as much.

This isn't the complaiment thread either, take it up with Skuli

or better yet, isn't there a config option to make them stop spawning?

The Zulu config is really confusing...

Edited by Gio²

So I think I've cleared a Zelda dungeon (im at the bottom with netherrack and such) and I've found a water temple boss key... What do I do with it? Is there a boss Im missing in the dungeon?

The Zulu config is really confusing...

Find a castle keep looking structure in the ocean or some relatively large body of water.

It should have a door with a key hole.

That is where you use the water temple key.

Beware though, not sure if the trigger is on a timer or chest open... But beefed up versions of monsters or a boss appears (ranging 3-6 in number for beefy mobs).

Be prepared for a fight when you enter.