Modular Powersuits wont work pls help!

TRUTECH

Hi, sorry to bother everyone but I have a weird problem: Modular Powersuits isnt working. What happened is that I started a survival world and obtained a lot of stuff and made a powersuit with the power fist (or whatever you want to call it). So, I gave them a LOT of upgrades (If I need to I will list them). I was so excited when I got my power fist and gave it melee assist, shovel, pickaxe, diamond drill, and leaf blower. (also The portable crafting table and the on-the-go modual modification) Then I died of my suit over heating (I have keep inventory because I'm a noob to modded survivals), and then it happened!: MY POWER FIST TURNED INTO JUST AN ITEM. (waaaaaaa) The drill (pickaxe) didn't work, the shovel didn't work, the little energy meter on the side (you know with the energy indicator and the overheating bar) wasn't there! For some reason the right clickable stuff with the power fist worked fine but what use is an all purpose tool when all it can do is destroy leaf without any items. Also to a smaller extent I would like to reset my power suit to its default colors but I don't know how (I do know how to assess the coloring GUI though) Please help I have pretty much given up my modded survival ENTIRELY because of that problem. also I CAN salvage everything from my fist. THANK YOU!

The overheating is probably from the Advanced Solar Panel. It is bugged and should be avoided untill it is fixed.

Your other problem is a bit odd. I have never played with keep inventory, but try to do the same thing again, that is die while wearing power armor and see if it goes bonkers again. If so, congratulations, you've found a bug, and you should post about it in the tracker as that is where bugs should go.

To reset the color, simply go into the coloring GUI and change it back to white. As far as I know there's no other way to do it.

Edited by Kezr

Before you post it as a bug, check if you simply lack the energy to use the Power Glove. Put an(y) charged Thermal Expansion Energy Cell in your inventory and see if the Glove works. If it does, try disassembling and reassembling your whole suit. You could do this either way, but no guarantees that it will help.

Other than that, MPS does have a few very annoying bugs. Every detailed report with crash logs may help fixing them, although somebody whould have to forward them to the actual mod author (MachineMuse in this case) to get them noticed. Our issue tracker is mostly for modpack bugs, but needs to take any technical issue to sort those out of the mass.

Edited by Curunir

The overheating is probably from the Advanced Solar Panel. It is bugged and should be avoided untill it is fixed.

Your other problem is a bit odd. I have never played with keep inventory, but try to do the same thing again, that is die while wearing power armor and see if it goes bonkers again. If so, congratulations, you've found a bug, and you should post about it in the tracker as that is where bugs should go.

To reset the color, simply go into the coloring GUI and change it back to white. As far as I know there's no other way to do it.

THANK YOU!

Before you post it as a bug, check if you simply lack the energy to use the Power Glove. Put an(y) charged Thermal Expansion Energy Cell in your inventory and see if the Glove works. If it does, try disassembling and reassembling your whole suit. You could do this either way, but no guarantees that it will help.

Other than that, MPS does have a few very annoying bugs. Every detailed report with crash logs may help fixing them, although somebody whould have to forward them to the actual mod author (MachineMuse in this case) to get them noticed. Our issue tracker is mostly for modpack bugs, but needs to take any technical issue to sort those out of the mass.

HOLY FRICKIN CRAP THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH IT WORKS I JUST HAD TO INSTALL A BATERY IN IT WOOOOOO (sorry for caps) So it appears that the problem was that it worked temporaraly until I died whitch in turn updated it thus causing it to work

Edited by TRUTECH

As an addendum - I too have had problems on rare occassion where the power glove stops interacting with the invironment inspite of whatever "tool" is set.  I am currently using the Energy Cell in the Hot Bar for my energy needs.

I found that an easy fix is to just run the glove, which has no internal battery, through the Energetic Infuser which immediately rights to problem.  Go figure.  The Power Glove works fine after that.  I offer this is a quick and easy work around.