No one is safe.

I think it was the sudden rush of hero worship. All that power went to his head. Hopefully he'll get better soon.

Although i will admit from experience that dealing with naturam is infuriating.

Well, what exactly did he say? It seems that a certain someone deleted his posts on that thread. *glares at Jay?*

It's not important. he was arguing with naturam over modpack ethics, and their argument was shitting up the thread.

actually spent the little time there was reading the tread before it was removed.

i approve of the debate, its a shame politics had to interfere...

"only puny secrets need protection. big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." - Marshall McLuhan

^ a tip for Jakj

actually spent the little time there was reading the tread before it was removed.

i approve of the debate, its a shame politics had to interfere...

"only puny secrets need protection. big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." - Marshall McLuhan

^ a tip for Jakj

It was not the place for that debate.

It was not the place for that debate.

with all due respect mate, i do believe what your trying to say is " THIS is not the place for that debate. "

and that ^ is the reason Jakj is probated.

with all due respect mate, i do believe what your trying to say is " THIS is not the place for that debate. "

and that ^ is the reason Jakj is probated.

No... What i am saying is that that fucking thread was not the place for that debate.

Here's the rundown.

OP:"I'm making a modpack!"

Me:"be careful, sometimes peopel freak out when you include shit without permission"

jakj: "OMFG MODDERS WHO DO THAT ARE SO DUMB"

Naturam:"NUH-UH"

Jakj: "Uh-huh"

Naturam: "Nuh-uh"

OP: but... doesn't anyone want to talk about my modpack?

Simpleguy *bans everything*

No... What i am saying is that that fucking thread was not the place for that debate.

Here's the rundown.

OP:"I'm making a modpack!"

Me:"be careful, sometimes peopel freak out when you include shit without permission"

jakj: "OMFG MODDERS WHO DO THAT ARE SO DUMB"

Naturam:"NUH-UH"

OP: but... doesn't anyone want to talk about my modpack?

Simpleguy *bans everything*

that happens to 90% of the treads.. and it doesn't ever prevent anyone from going back on topic.

lets be honest, the absolute most of the people that open the tread, read the OP and try the pack with the intention to report back- wont replay to any of the posts. they'll replay to the OP

not often are "Nuh-uh" and "uh-huh" used represent a worthy debate on the internet

the debate they had was no more offtopic than the warning you gave to OP

but apparently OP decided to ignore that subject completely.

accepting the fact that most treads are hijacked, i find the issue that Jakj and Naturam were debating on is one of the most ignored issues on this forum

not like i blame anyone for probating Jakj and Naturam

as i see it today ideologically debating copyrights is something that's better done in the shadows and the 'dark parts' of the internet.

Threads do get hijacked a lot here, but most of those threads are bad in the first place, and are hijacked with silliness.

This was a serious thread about someone who was trying to create something useful, and it was hijacked because jakj wanted to argue about copyright for the 30th time.

Threads do get hijacked a lot here, but most of those threads are bad in the first place, and are hijacked with silliness.

This was a serious thread about someone who was trying to create something useful, and it was hijacked because jakj wanted to argue about copyright for the 30th time.

your not saying nothing you haven't already said in previous posts, but i guess replaying to what i said would cause us going offtopic eh?

only thing i can say ontopic

is that probating them for that debate, deleting it and ignoring that POV seems to me the only way that it can seem.

It's not important...

and silence...

You're missing something here.

We aren't ignoring that point of view, this argument happens two or three times a week and noone gets punished for it, they were probated for shitting up a thread with boatloads of potential. The argument was deleted to prevent the thread from devolving int othe same argument over and over.

You're missing something here.

We aren't ignoring that point of view, this argument happens two or three times a week and noone gets punished for it, they were probated for shitting up a thread with boatloads of potential. The argument was deleted to prevent the thread from devolving int othe same argument over and over.

apparently i have missed that part, what can ya say about new guys eh.. ran a search and got a stupefying amount of results. i do hate when it happens.

still 6-12 decent posts by two guys don't seem like that big of a deal, am bit sad for em..

but im done arguing here, i take the fault Jay

apparently i have missed that part, what can ya say about new guys eh.. ran a search and got a stupefying amount of results. i do hate when it happens.

still 6-12 decent posts by two guys don't seem like that big of a deal, am bit sad for em..

but im done arguing here, i take the fault Jay

No worries. They were given a short probation for a one time offense and will be back before too long.

Joxor, why the hell are you debating moderator actions? I probated them both for ruining a poor guys thread with a very very pathetic back and forth go nowhere slapfight. They're two day probation and I'm sure both of them are big boys or girls and can handle it. If you think I was wrong in my decision feel free to PM me about it and I can make another decision.

I do wish It hadn't gotten deleted though. I was in the process of splitting the topic so I could whalebox the fight and clean the thread at the same time.

Joxor, why the hell are you debating moderator actions? I probated them both for ruining a poor guys thread with a very very pathetic back and forth go nowhere slapfight. They're two day probation and I'm sure both of them are big boys or girls and can handle it. If you think I was wrong in my decision feel free to PM me about it and I can make another decision.

I do wish It hadn't gotten deleted though. I was in the process of splitting the topic so I could whalebox the fight and clean the thread at the same time.

there's no right and wrong debating me, in no way did anything i've intended to say questioned the act i only questioned the particular reason.

Jakj going down is something i never imagined happening, with all due respect i stared with my mouth wide open after i read the tread.

i felt towards that issue to be as taboo towards the forum as i feel now towards the posts i made in this tread, its a valid point of view in the end, only question about it is whether or not it should be discussed openly or not.

offtopic

# its like a kick in my balls when people get my name wrong, i've been called joker before.. but never with a capital latter!!

# was just going through your comics after checking out power crystal's tread on MCF

there's no right and wrong debating me, in no way did anything i've intended to say questioned the act i only questioned the particular reason.

Jakj going down is something i never imagined happening, with all due respect i stared with my mouth wide open after i read the tread.

i felt towards that issue to be as taboo towards the forum as i feel now towards the posts i made in this tread, its a valid point of view in the end, only question about it is whether or not it should be discussed openly or not.

offtopic

# its like a kick in my balls when people get my name wrong, i've been called joker before.. but never with a capital latter!!

# was just going through your comics after checking out power crystal's tread on MCF

I think I've figured out what it is about your posts that really does not sit well with me, jokser. what you write always comes so close to being actual english but falls short so it is like the uncanny valley of grammar. because of this, whenever you "argue" for/against something it's extremely hard to tell just what you are saying and it confuses the people you're talking to/with. not sure if that's on purpose or by accident though.

Dear god, I've done it again. Last time a simple question about Forestry started 10 a page (and counting) 'discussion' and now a simple quip about one of the community stalwarts is on its 2nd page. It's hard to walk with your foot in your mouth isn't it?

I think I've figured out what it is about your posts that really does not sit well with me, jokser. what you write always comes so close to being actual english but falls short so it is like the uncanny valley of grammar. because of this, whenever you "argue" for/against something it's extremely hard to tell just what you are saying and it confuses the people you're talking to/with. not sure if that's on purpose or by accident though.

Alright i see where this is going, your right pikachu i got no idea what english is, im a troll pretending to be pseudo intellectual -- bingo

pikachu, are you mature enough to comprehend this?