Removing transmutation table.

I had my own tekkit server before EE was in it. I have recently tried the new one but everyone in my server (including myself) were disgusted at how much it broke the early game. So I thought of removing some items, but I will miss some of the items in EE that I have to disable for balancing purposes. I have no problem with grief in my servers so this isn't even an issue.

So I'm wondering if I can somehow change some of the properties to items like the catalytic lens. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the item so that it destroys the blocks and nothing drops in front of you. The reason for this is because it is a great building item. It needs power and it wouldn't give anything in return other than the ability to make tedious tasks like building big holes for your underground factories, really quickly. For a price.

I also think that some items could be left in the pack if I could change their recipes. If any of these things are possible can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Changing item properties

This sucks :/

The only work around I thought was to add iconomy and chests shop to my server, to sell those items instead of being able to make them, but I don't know much about it. Is there a place which can give me a good tutorial on how to put iconomy and chest shop in my tekkit server?

Also, the transmutation table will probably conflict with the balance of the economy. is there a way to remove transmutation table out of tekkit but still keep the mod?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Jay?

Editing the post would defeat the propose though, wouldn't it Jay? The point of a "bump" is to "bump" the post up. I tried to find some rule on bumping, but I couldn't. So I bumped the post within (What I think is) reasonable time. Unless editing the post also bumps it.

But thanks for the advice mate, I will keep it in mind.

Sp0nge

Thanks. I did look at that before but it didn't include the plugins I was interested in so I left it. I'm a bit more interested in finding out how to remove certain items from being created in the game though. I don't think it had any information on that from what I read. Was I wrong, or does it contain information on how to remove recipes?

I tried to find some rule on bumping, but I couldn't. So I bumped the post within (What I think is) reasonable time. Unless editing the post also bumps it.

Golden Rule: Ask yourself, "Is my post or reply actually interesting, funny, or contributing to the discussion at hand?" - if not, don't post.

"bump" is a no content post. Editing your post does flag the post as new again, and its not like these forums move super fast, it is probably still on the first page anyway. People here read posts flagged as new, and if they can help they will. Bumping serves no purpose.

- -modifyworld.items.have.ID

- -modifyworld.blocks.interact.ID

- -modifyworld.items.drop.ID

- -modifyworld.items.pickup.ID

- -modifyworld.item.use.ID.on.block.*

(i cant remember the ID of it on the top of my head)

That can be done for ALL items u really dont want to be in ur world etc. Not all nodes will be needed at all time, but those are the one u need to play with in order to dissable items etc.

Edit: Ill have a look at the plugin refered to over here, and test it out and see if it works with metadata from Tekkitmods :)

Edit2: That plugins seems to not be developed anymore, and with a Tekkitupdate ahead i would atleast not get reliant on that plugin ...

DragnHntr.

Wouldn't that suggest that the question I was asking was irrelevant to my original post?

The question was as much a part of the bump as the bump was part of the question. Wouldn't your logic suggest that the golden rule prohibits me from asking the question I'm asking now?

Logic would say that the golden rule is more about people going off topic, Something that has been done here two times now.

Sp0nge

You are loosing me with that code mate :/ were exactly do I put that and which part do I put in were? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject and I appreciate your help.

You know what mate, You look like you know what you are talking about. Can you give me an example of how I would take an item off the game. Step by step if you don't mind mate. Let us pretend the item Id is 10.

Those lines are permissionnodes in PEX, with Modifyworld installed and enabled. As you can see, they are listed with a negative. That means they dont act like normal nodes, giving perms, they remove perms instead. I take it as you know howto set up permissionfiles (pref with PEX since modifyworld was made for that permplugin). Those "nodes" i listed goes into the pex, like normal permissionnodes.

What you want to have it look aprox like is:

- -bukkit.command.version

- modifyworld.*

- towny.chat.town

Here you can see that i have the negative node first, then - modifyworld.*, then a normal node. All negative nodes goes over the modifyworldnode, and normal nodes goes under. the modifyworld.* node gives players all the normal perms in regards of interactign etc with any ID, then with the modifyworldnodes you can dissable certain stuff, like the nodes i first copied. If that didnt help, just let me know :)

If i didnt want ID 10 in my game, i would add

- -modifyworld.items.have.10

to my permissionnode. Ofc it has to go over the - modifyworld.*, or else (due to how PEX reads the permfiles) it wont remove ID 10 from the game. PEX starts reading from the bottom in regards of where a player is located in it, like defaultgroup or admingroup etc etc. Then when it locates the group, it will start at the top of that group, and check if the player has perms to do whatever he tries to do:

groups:

default:

permissions:

- -modifyworld.items.have.10

- modifyworld.*

default: true

This configfile will put ALL players in the defaultgroup, and the defaultgroup are enabled to do anything (this is not including any pluginperms ofc) beside having the ID 10. Then the PEX can be expanded as you go along, create other groups, add more permnodes from plugins, modifyworld restrictions etc. If you check the link i first posted in this thread you will find link to the plugins aswell. Just remember to grab the correct versions of them so they work :)

Warning: This WONT work with metadata, like if you want to dissable the RM furnace, that will just "bug out" and not work. So if you have 10:1 and 10:2, well, u cant use 10:1 as an ID, you still have to use 10, so both 10:1 and 10:2 will be affected.

Edit: There are also similar option with worldguard and Essentials, but we have had some issues with those where they dont work all the time. If you try those plugins be aware of that they might not work (that could be since we have a ton of players on, and Tekkit do create a massive amount of lag from time to time, and it seems like the ID`s of Tekkitrelated stuff just arent working all the time ...)

Also, to make it alot easier, some items in EE can be changed in the EE_mod propertyfile at the base of your server. At the bottom of it, you will see several items listed with =1 or 0. 0 means dissabled, 1 enabled. That WONT affect allready created items that goes from 1 to 0. Those can be removed with what i suggested over here. It will however dissable more ppl from crafting them (it wont stop players from putting into a condensor to get more items)

DragnHntr.

Wouldn't that suggest that the question I was asking was irrelevant to my original post?

The question was as much a part of the bump as the bump was part of the question. Wouldn't your logic suggest that the golden rule prohibits me from asking the question I'm asking now?

Logic would say that the golden rule is more about people going off topic, Something that has been done here two times now.

I'm not really sure what tangent you are off on or which question you are referring to. The golden rule isn't just about going off-topic, it is about making no-content posts. A moderator told you not to bump your posts and you asked why.

This:

Anoyone?

is a no content post and is therefore against the rules. My apologies for the backseat modding, I just wanted to explain this:

Editing the post would defeat the propose though, wouldn't it Jay? The point of a "bump" is to "bump" the post up. I tried to find some rule on bumping, but I couldn't. So I bumped the post within (What I think is) reasonable time. Unless editing the post also bumps it.

Glad your issue got sorted =)

Jay?

If there's no new content for you to be posting, then you shouldn't be moving your thread up in the first place. If you have updates, logs, possible solutions, fine, post them, but popping into your thread and just bumping it up is rude to people who have actually active posts in higher profile territory up at the top. Every time someone bumps a stagnant topic, a less stagnant one gets pushed to page two, where it runs a risk of becoming stagnant itself.

Bumping is a disease that ruins boards one thread at a time.

I would have totally forgotten about this thread if it werent bumped. Imo, post at the first page (especially bumped) are threads that still havent sorted the issue.

Bumping dont ruin issues (what this section is about), trolling them are.

You have to reply to any thread you read? Why dont you just dont stear away from where you cant help, or are you just after "more forumposts"? I dont read all new posts since i dont check this forum all that often, and when I do, I mostly check the SMP section. A community is based on people helping eachother, you sir, are one that arent helping providing a good community in regards of Tekkit at all.

(I know i know ... i dont have to read, reply and whatnot here, but I i want to help ppl that have issues setting up a server and issues using the Tekkitpack)

Oh btw, and as you, i use this forum as I please, not how you want me to use it. If i dont read replies to threads ive posted, thats my issue, not urs.

You have to reply to any thread you read? Why dont you just dont stear away from where you cant help, or are you just after "more forumposts"? I dont read all new posts since i dont check this forum all that often, and when I do, I mostly check the SMP section. A community is based on people helping eachother, you sir, are one that arent helping providing a good community in regards of Tekkit at all.

(I know i know ... i dont have to read, reply and whatnot here, but I i want to help ppl that have issues setting up a server and issues using the Tekkitpack)

Oh btw, and as you, i use this forum as I please, not how you want me to use it. If i dont read replies to threads ive posted, thats my issue, not urs.

So what you're saying is that he has to apply to your Terms And Conditions to post, but you're home free. Also, chatspeak is bad and you should feel bad.

A community is based on people helping eachother, you sir, are one that arent helping providing a good community in regards of Tekkit at all.

Do yourself a favor, and don't try to define our community for us. The community has done a pretty good job of defining itself. If you don't like the way it's defined itself, may the gods have mercy on your soul, because we wont.

I assumed that since you "forgot about the post" that you had read it, and since you did post on this thread with constructive information, I assumed you posted after you read it. I didn't think you read it, realized you could help, but then waited three days to post your helpful information.

"Oh I know what this guy needs. Maybe if he bumps his post a few more times I will tell him!"

Dude waited 8 hours to bump his post with "anyone?"

The oldest thread on the front page was replied to over 20 hours ago. His post was still on the front page and would have easily remained there for quite awhile.

I fail to see how explaining the rules to people is not helping, nor providing a good community. A mod told him not to do something, he stated that he did not understand why, and I explained it. I am not trying to backseat mod by threatening punishment. I am not jumping in with unwarrented criticism. I am simply attempting to enlighten as to the nature of this forum. Surely you realize by now that the community they are attempting to foster here is not necessarily for everyone. Even though they have gotten more lax recently with enforcing the rules, they still expect a certain standard of behavior.

I'm not trying to tell you how to use the forum, I am explaining that there is a simple way to keep track of posts that you are involved in. If you do not wish to use it then don't but it makes a shitty argument for bumping.

I also disagree with your stance that bumping is not a bad thing. Everyone thinks their own post is the most important. I have already explained how posts remain on the front page for quite a long time, and I believe I read one of the devs (or perhaps it was one of the mods) explain to a keller once, people on this forum read posts flagged as new. It doesn't matter how high up on the page it is, people will look at the NEW flag, look at the title and decide if they want to check it out. If they read it and they can help, they probably will. Repeatedly pushing your issue back to the top only serves to push down other peoples issues and also encourages the behavior leading to a brutal cycle. If you absolutely must bump your post because it received no attention, you are still having the issue, and it fell off the first page since so much time elapsed, it takes very little effort to make the "bump" look like an actual constructive post. For example:

"I tried removing sparklefarts.jar from the mods folder like donglord69 suggested and I am still having this issue. Has anybody else had this issue or heard anything about it? I would really like to play but I just can't find the solution no matter what I search for, any help would be appreciated, thanks!"

That took like 20 seconds to write, and it shows that you are actually trying things people recommend, and are still looking for a solution to your problem. It also shows a posative attitude that makes people want to help.

edit: I do so love that whenever I get into an e-argument on here, people leap to my defense =D

Also, my apologies for going further off-topic with this.

Do yourself a favor, and don't try to define our community for us. The community has done a pretty good job of defining itself. If you don't like the way it's defined itself, may the gods have mercy on your soul, because we wont.

I think its best i dont reply to much, and instead i would like people that feel theyre topics are thrown offtopic, eighter by players or mods to press the reportbutton, so that the "noobs" can get helped, even if the issues are allready adressed.

And, from my point of view, there are "0" support on issues, even the most basic once from the community (if you base it on forumposts).

Theres nothing like a stupid question, just stupid answers ....

I think its best i dont reply to much, and instead i would like people that feel theyre topics are thrown offtopic, eighter by players or mods to press the reportbutton, so that the "noobs" can get helped, even if the issues are allready adressed.

And, from my point of view, there are "0" support on issues, even the most basic once from the community (if you base it on forumposts).

Theres nothing like a stupid question, just stupid answers ....

Did you just encourage people to report moderators? That is not gonna end well.

BTW, it is "either" not "eighter". Sorry, for some reason that misspelling particularly bugs me.