Finite Liquids Mod Support For 7.0.1 SSP Dev Build

jakj

Holy crap. I feel like I'm back in the 80s watching Weird Science.

Looks like that mod is actively maintained right now, though, with a 1.95b version pending, so it should work?

Like i said, my interest is just barely a passing one. It could work. It may even work right out of the box, for all i know.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said, my interest is just barely a passing one. It could work. It may even work right out of the box, for all i know.

Ah, okay. I had thought you were suggesting mods that actively needed a fix because people were wanting to add them to their Technic but couldn't.

Ah, okay. I had thought you were suggesting mods that actively needed a fix because people were wanting to add them to their Technic but couldn't.

Oh, no, i was just tossing out things that people were suggesting repeatedly.

2) Advanced Power Systems: Looks like this hasn't been updated since 1.1?
It's working just fine for me in 1.2.5* and it is opensource: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/mc-1-2-5f-3-1-0bc-3-1-5-aps-0-2-315/

http://sourceforge.net/p/buildcraftaps/code/6/tree/

*) Haven't tried with Technic 7 but I'm running it in my hand-made mod collection that includes most of the core stuff in Technic.

+50 internets for a binary patch to merge Better Then Wolves andTechnic :D

Dynamic Lights is one I've seen people asking for compatibility with. The author used to provide merges, now he just says use mcpatcher-- which AFAIK without actually trying it myself, doesn't easily work with Technic.

can't we just substitute the Finite Liquids water for the vanilla water block ID?

No, some vanilla water still exists in the world, primarily in the form of those little one-block cave runnels. Also, finite-liquid blocks use metadata in a specific way, and vanilla or mod worldgen using water or lava would break miserably if it didn't have access to vanilla fluids.

No, some vanilla water still exists in the world, primarily in the form of those little one-block cave runnels. Also, finite-liquid blocks use metadata in a specific way, and vanilla or mod worldgen using water or lava would break miserably if it didn't have access to vanilla fluids.

Ah, okay. Can you install the Finite Liquids mod even if you don't have the 4096 block ID fix installed?

Ah, okay. Can you install the Finite Liquids mod even if you don't have the 4096 block ID fix installed?

Yes, if you can free up enough IDs. None of the blocks can be disabled without altering the mod's code.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a suggestion jackj, how about a natural overhaul fix?

That mod looks to be in a very sorry state right now. The old 1.1 version shows as having Forge compatibility, so just bug the guy to do that for 1.2.5 too.

Are there any other wanted-for-a-long-time ones out there? Little blocks I know of, but that would be too major an effort for one person, because for every mod block you have to create a custom renderer as well as simulate user interaction, tile entities, and tick updates.

There is, actually, and it would fit in very well with Finite Liquids - which it is incompatible with, sadly. I am talking about the Block Physics Mod, which makes Dirt, Sand, Grass and Gravel susceptible to gravity. All stone blocks also need to be properly supported, lest they collapse.

This means that when building any architecture, you will also need to pay attention to statics - and Creepers exploding near your home might actually make your architecture crumble. Interested?

I have used the forum search function with the key words "block", "physic" and "physics", but found no related threads or posts whatsoever. Could you link the thread and maybe specify which other mods provide a similar functionality?

• 1 month later...

Eh, I might be bothered to do another class merging when Technic actually releases, but I haven't bothered with Minecraft in quite a while now. I've been enjoying other moddable games like Oblivion where the modding community isn't a toxic self-consuming shitsoup with a few good chunks bobbing around in it trying to stay afloat.

Eh, I might be bothered to do another class merging when Technic actually releases, but I haven't bothered with Minecraft in quite a while now. I've been enjoying other moddable games like Oblivion where the modding community isn't a toxic self-consuming shitsoup with a few good chunks bobbing around in it trying to stay afloat.

And then when someone tries to remove the good chunks from the base soup and put them together, the chef turns on an electric stove the bowl is welded to, resulting in the shitsoup boiling over and scalding the person's hand. He is cheered on by the majority of the patrons.