Playing Tekkit without Launcher

Is there anyway to play Tekkit without the launcher? I have no problem with it but I'm trying to have a small server with my friends and they don't like the fact that they have to download the launcher. So is there?

Yes! There is! Download every single one of the mods in Tekkit from their respective homes, make sure their versions match the ones installed on your server, manually install each of them on each of your friends' computer, then make sure the items they each bring don't conflict.

I suspect it'll only take a few days to get done.. as opposed to the mere minutes the launcher would. But, hey, who wants to be inconvenienced by using a launcher?

Fodder for the OP's cannon vs his friends. I have people who "don't like" that they have to use a launcher. They can stuff it.

Yea Phyroxis, snark is unneeded if they calmly accept it.

If they start whining....break out snark cannons.

Thank's. I didn't get it from jakj's post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! There is! Download every single one of the mods in Tekkit from their respective homes, make sure their versions match the ones installed on your server, manually install each of them on each of your friends' computer, then make sure the items they each bring don't conflict.

I suspect it'll only take a few days to get done.. as opposed to the mere minutes the launcher would. But, hey, who wants to be inconvenienced by using a launcher?

Oh god. Or maybe someone could make a file that's an actual .jar we can just use?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A thread necromancer you still are. Let the dead lie and make your own post. Now, to answer your question. There is no way to run tekkit with no launcher, and asking for a method of bypassing it will get you kellered or banned by the mods faster than Usain Bolt ran the 100M.

Banned? wow. That is pretty retarded. But what is the point in making another thread when one already exists? Completely pointless in my opinion

Unless something happened while I was in class, there is no shortage of "internet paper". You are correct that you shouldn't make a new post because this discussion was over after the second reply. It was resting in Peace until you came along and dug it back up.