From Reddit: Red Power Frames Perfected by a Japanese Modder

AronSora

Aside from buggy as hell rotating, frames can do everything that does, and unlike that mod, Redpower isn't incompatible with forge :P

E: In fact, Zeppelin mod can do most of the stuff that mod did too. It's still snazzy enough, but it's nothing earth shattering.

YOU CAN ROTATE RP FRAMES!?!?!?!? OMGOMGOMG, I just got an awesome idea!

No, Rotating is the one thing frames cannot do :P

I'd wager a lot of money that they will, at some point in the future. The manipulation code is already there, and it's not that much more difficult to rotate an entity than it is to translate one. The only issue is if Eloraam wants frames to be able to do that.

I'd wager a lot of money that they will, at some point in the future. The manipulation code is already there, and it's not that much more difficult to rotate an entity than it is to translate one. The only issue is if Eloraam wants frames to be able to do that.

yes, eloraam can be a bit weird about things like that, we just have to wait and see :/

SHE?

SHE?!

I know it's a she, but why say it out loud? :o

It's like girls in the boys' bathroom.. OK, but when found out, not good.

(How can a gurl know coding?!)

Seriously? How the hell are you even alive in this modern world.

OT:

I hope she does, because I need a drawbridge, for reals.

No, not seriously. I knew she was a gurl before all of you did!

After all, I had an affair with her. (Now I'm not serious)

Just follow pg3's (At least that's what I think they're called, they're on Youtube) tut about a drawbridge (Doesn't look like one, and has a huge-ass circuit that goes with it)

Problem is, the chances of this or Zeppelin mod entering SMP is very slim.

I find that a problem because I do nothing else, by the way.

And yeah, not being part of Forge was silly.

And this mod has no uses in the Technic environment, as there is no way he can add support for machines. I would be damned impressed if he even got half blocks to stick to those.

Other than that it's an impressive piece of fluff.

I only used the Zeppelin mod once, and it's fine, but the num-pad controls are a tad uncomfortable since I'm on a laptop..

If we could change controls that'd be epic, and I'd help (even if a little) to convert to SMP, I have a bit of java knowledge.

I have a bit of java knowledge.

WRONG.

Have you SEEN the mess in that mod? I still can't work out what the hell he's doing. I understand that the craft you see is 'fake', and what you are walking on is an invisible and constantly updating platform, but how he rotates the whole structure is beyond me, and he himself admitted it was unlikely he'd get it to SMP any time soon.

I would have assumed the mod just deletes the blocks from the world and creates an entity with a custom renderer, like frames. Is that not so?

There is a custom renderer, but the craft you walk on/physically interact with is firmly placed within the ordinary block layout.

For instance a 1 wide doorway at 45 degrees is impossible to walk through because there are two invisible blocks diagonally side by side.

Well, he could clean up his code.. Although, I don't think he's so inspired as Alblaka or Pahimar, they already made second versions of their mods, and that's really clean!

Oh, be quiet, you.

It's complicated because it's completely separate from the world grid (utterly inspired), but still has compatibility and functionality with so many other mods.

It's messy, but it's GOOOOOOOOD. And it's as clean as it can be.

Screw whatever everyone else has done, if this guy pulls this off in SMP on his own, he'll be the ultimate modder in my books.