IIT: We pretend as if we are in Dungeons and Dragons.

I never played D&D, how do the dice work? :|

Well, generally they have between 4 and 50 sides, and you hold several of them in one hand, shaking them. Then you let them go so that they roll around on the table. This is called "rolling the dice" the numbers indicated on the upturned face of each die is your result.

There are also 3 sided die. My favorites though, are 2d6's. It's a large, clear D6 with a smaller solid colored d6 inside of it.

that is so fucking awesome. Where can i get one of these?

roll 1d20

9!

A dire LMGTFY link jumps from the bushes!

Wait, how do you even have a three-sided die? What kind of arcane magic goes into the construction of such a monstrosity?

Yep 3 sided die were basically prisms and it was just highly unlikely they'd lad on an end. There were even 2 sided die, some people called them 'coins'.

I roll 1d20. 6.

I roll 1d6. 5.

5*6 = 30

I roll 1d30. 30.

I made 3 successful consecutive rolls, none of which accomplished anything, and one of which includes a die that, to my knowledge, is uncommonly used.

Roll a Spot check.

1d20 = 20

You can see forever.

Roll a Disguise check.

1d20 = 20

You forget who you are. Roll a new character.

I fucking love my GM. Of course none of those are 'for srs', though, except when we had to kick out some munchkin kid. Literally, he was sixteen and built Pun-Pun, for fuck's sake.