[3.1.2]♅Ethereal Gaming♅Friendly Community|Multiverse|Economy|LWC

cmuff

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jjssman's ban appeal:

• Ban Reason: "english only"
  • Comments: Well, I like this server so much, but I got really pissed off when i got kicked by some Mod because I was chatting in Spanish (I use to chat in english but my bro joined so I start chatting to him Spanish). After debating with the Mod, he said Spanish is not allowed because hackers can chat in that language without Staff noticing (I was like wtf, that's not an argument, hackers could just use /msg or /pm). I didn't want to argue anymore so I stopped. Later my bro asked me something in Spanish so I answered in my language without even notice, but some ban hungry Mod (I don't remember his name) who probably was ready to do it whenever someone just say "Hola! :3" instead of "Hello" banned me and put as a reason "english only". As I said I love this server so I would like to get unbanned, but I think that kind of bans lower its reputation, and people will think that's a racist and prohibitive server instead of a friendly one.

IGN: FoggedSight

I've been playing tekkit since summer and have really enjoyed it and learned a lot, I've also enjoyed this server as well, unlike other servers this one is much more mature and fun.

I would appreciate it if you would promote me to Member.

IGN: TheIvyX

Suggestion for the Server: Nothing, it's good already :D

In game name:Fin441

Experience with Tekkit: 1 year now best fun i had in minecraft

IGN: Codeman238

Suggestion: Nothing yet, I haven't noticed anything that needs to be changed.

All Promoted

jjssman's ban appeal:

• Ban Reason: "english only"
  • Comments: Well, I like this server so much, but I got really pissed off when i got kicked by some Mod because I was chatting in Spanish (I use to chat in english but my bro joined so I start chatting to him Spanish). After debating with the Mod, he said Spanish is not allowed because hackers can chat in that language without Staff noticing (I was like wtf, that's not an argument, hackers could just use /msg or /pm). I didn't want to argue anymore so I stopped. Later my bro asked me something in Spanish so I answered in my language without even notice, but some ban hungry Mod (I don't remember his name) who probably was ready to do it whenever someone just say "Hola! :3" instead of "Hello" banned me and put as a reason "english only". As I said I love this server so I would like to get unbanned, but I think that kind of bans lower its reputation, and people will think that's a racist and prohibitive server instead of a friendly one.

Ill unban you I dont understand why you cant talk in spanish. If someone really wanted to communicate without staff hearing they would use skype or something...

Well recently a bunch of mods and admins quit. So, I just wanted to say something real quick.

From what I could tell (which may be innacurate since I missed half the things they said since I was focusing on fixing the issues rather than complaining about them) they quit because they had to ban and rollback people and because the server is no longer whitelisted and because they didn't have that much time to play the game. Yes, these may be inconvenient or annoying but that basically describes being a mod or admin, banning people, rolling them back, helping people, fixing stuff, and in doing that you don't have much time to play the game. If these are annoying ask to be demoted and your problems will be gone. The one thing I do agree with was it was a bit nicer with the whitelist because only people who took the time to fill out an app and wait for it to be accepted to play would apply which meant you had more people that played for more than 2 or 3 days and you got to know more people. They were also criticizing cmuff about not being on much, the reason you're there is because he can't be, if he was able to play on the server 24/7 he wouldn't need moderators, but he can't and what's wrong with him not being there 2 or 3 hours a day anyway?

I'm not trying to be mean or insult anybody but I just wanted to point that out.

In-Game Name: benward12

Experience with Tekkit: been playing for a while starting to get the hang of it

Did you read the rules?: yes

Promoted

Well recently a bunch of mods and admins quit. So, I just wanted to say something real quick.

From what I could tell (which may be innacurate since I missed half the things they said since I was focusing on fixing the issues rather than complaining about them) they quit because they had to ban and rollback people and because the server is no longer whitelisted and because they didn't have that much time to play the game. Yes, these may be inconvenient or annoying but that basically describes being a mod or admin, banning people, rolling them back, helping people, fixing stuff, and in doing that you don't have much time to play the game. If these are annoying ask to be demoted and your problems will be gone. The one thing I do agree with was it was a bit nicer with the whitelist because only people who took the time to fill out an app and wait for it to be accepted to play would apply which meant you had more people that played for more than 2 or 3 days and you got to know more people. They were also criticizing cmuff about not being on much, the reason you're there is because he can't be, if he was able to play on the server 24/7 he wouldn't need moderators, but he can't and what's wrong with him not being there 2 or 3 hours a day anyway?

I'm not trying to be mean or insult anybody but I just wanted to point that out.

Promoted

holy shit, you litterally summed up everything i have been trying to say

... Something appears to be wrong with the server, related to CB++, as far as I can see...

EDIT: Has one of the persons with FTP access recently messed around with the IC2 config?

ID values for several of the explosives is set to 0, not sure how long this has been the case, but it might be what's causing the error in CBPP

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE]

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] Your server has encountered an unexpected exception!

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] Please report this to the developers at http://spout.in/cbpp

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] Exception Stack Trace Begins:

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE]IllegalArgumentException

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.Block.(Block.java:181)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.Block.(Block.java:201)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] ic2.platform.BlockCommon.(BlockCommon.java:14)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] ic2.common.BlockTex.(BlockTex.java:16)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] ic2.common.BlockIC2Explosive.(BlockIC2Explosive.java:13)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] ic2.common.BlockITNT.(BlockITNT.java:17)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.mod_IC2.load(mod_IC2.java:380)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:618)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLBukkitHandler.java:142)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:207)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

2012-09-26 03:09:51 [sEVERE] Exception Stack Trace Ends.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons