[3.0.3/3.0.4] Crash from Teleport Pipe GUI

matthewtyson

Question

Title: Crash from Teleport Pipe GUI

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: JRE7u4 64-bit

Description of Problem:

Whenever I take damage with a teleport gui open (has happened with power, item, and waterproof teleport pipes), my client goes to dirt screen, then white screen.

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

http://pastebin.com/FfnKsBUK

15 answers to this question

This also happens to me, even when not taking damage. Found some information and a workaround for people who can't acces the GUI.

Info

Crash only occurs outdoors. If you try to open the gui on a pipe that is in a (small) room it all works fine. If you try to open the gui outdoors it crashes.

Workaround

Build a small room around the block where you want the teleport pipe to come, can be as small as 2x2 (room for the pipe and for you to stand in). Close the room off and the gui should be working. Setup the pipe like you want it to be, when everything should be working ok, remove the room if you don't want it.

I have had the same issue. After reading a thread about /op [buildcraft] It can now breifly show the gui before getting a dirt screen then white. I have to force close tekkit before going back on. I see nothing in the server log. I'm the only one so far that gets the crash. I have an ATI 5970.

same crash issue, tekkit 3.0.4 and JRE 7u4 64bit.

have tried with and without any IC items, have tried completely reinstalling tekkit, have tried the small room, nothing works. no other bugs previously encountered

I have had this crash problem as well, but not with any semi-charged equipment. I've crashed while using a Swiftwolf's Rending Gale ring. Whenever I am on the ground and the ring is no longer active, I do not crash with the dirt screen-to-white screen. And yes, this is outdoors, but the outdoors thing appears to not happen to me. I get no crash log and nothing on the server log.

This started happening for me in tekkit 3.1.2 SMP (64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 Linux client openjdk-6) sometime Saturday during the minecraft authentication server glitch. I don't have that problem with existing item, waterproof, or power teleport pipes, but when I freshly place a power or waterproof pipe and try to access the gui to set frequency, I get the dirt screen, then white screen, and it hangs (haven't tried new item ones yet). I am not op.

I have been playing for long hours trying to learn everything and this never happened before later in the day Saturday. Maybe I'll try dumping everything in a chest and see if it still happens without anything else in my personal inventory. I don't have charged armor, just red gem helmet and chestplate and black matter greaves and boots [since red and gravity greaves have wrong skin (socks instead of pants), and hurricane boots do nothing]. I do have a Swiftwolf's ring.

PS: I figured out my problem. I overlooked that the wiki says (without a pipe in your hand). Since I noticed that, I have not had any other issues accessing the gui of teleport pipes.

Ok guys i have found a solution

the problem happens when i have an ee item with energy/health/durability on it

an example would be a philosopher's stone with energy.

as long as you have that item in your inventory (not just the hotbar) then you will have this issue

my solution is: put a chest close to the pipe, and empty items of that sort in there, so when you open pipe, your java will not crash

Cheers :D