Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrkirby173

Installing Forge in Custom Pack

6 posts in this topic

So recently I was trying to create a new pack for me and my friends to use. However, I have no idea how to install forge in it. Can someone point me to a tutorial or just explain how to get it working? Thanks in advance

"2014-04-01 17:05:37 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading"

What I described is the method that I use and it does work (afaik it is effectively the only method)

"2014-04-01 17:05:37 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading"

What I described is the method that I use and it does work (afaik it is effectively the only method)

What? I don't understand what you're saying

What you need to do is download the Forge universal binary (not the installer) and rename it to "modpack.jar" then place it in your "bin" folder in your pack.

• Similar Content

• By Hwy
      I recently made my own modpack off watching a youtube vid and bumped into a couple of errors whilst doing so however I fixed them but now I am onto one I don't really know how to fix however, whenever I open the modpack it sends me back to the launher without an error message here is the log below pls help

log: https://pastebin.com/6hveuf84
    • By Shazzer
      Ho guys. Ive been trying to install this for days. I have JDK 8 and JRE 9 and the most recent mac os java installed and have my firewall off. I then download the launcher and open the file. i then get the logo come up with the install load bar for about 1 second and then it changes to only the logo and freezes forever. Please help. Thanks
    • By jonah322
      Hello,
      I need urgent help with this error.
      I have been playing without any problems for the past month, on the modpack:
      Pixelspark - Pixelmon
      https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/captainsparklez-survival-pack.15977
      The pack recently required an update, and usually with this pack, updates do not work for some reason so I just uninstall then reinstall the up to date version. Today I uninstalled and could not install back as the launcher failed to begin installing and showed this message:
      "Error unzipping a file for the following pack: PixelSpark - Pixelmon
      Attempting to extract file captainsparklez-survival-pack-4.2.7.1.zip, but it did not exist.
      Please consult the modpack author."
      It also created the folders needed but they are all empty.
      I have so far tried,
      Downloading the server files from the link instead of the launcher itself. (The files did not match the default files created by the launcher so I was very lost. Changing the Pixelspark.jar file to a zipped file and putting into both the bin folder, and the mods folder of the directory the launcher created. I have thought to try renaming the Pixelspark.jar into captainsparklez-survival-pack-4.2.7.1.zip but this has created some trouble for me. If this would solve my issue please let me know and possibly clear it up a little.
      If anyone could get back to me as soon as possible with some resolutions that would be great!
      Thanks.
      EDIT: I have also thought to entirely delete the launcher and start from square one again, but I can not find it in the uninstall browser. Would just deleting the files work?
    • By _Strangers_
      Hi !
      I created a custom modpack with minecraft/forge 1.7.10. But, I can't get this to work. Always crashing. I can't understand ANYTHING in the crash log.
      Here is the modpack folder : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7u5sFbi9Fb4SEotZG13cEYtbjA (Crash logs are inside)
      Please help me, minecraft vanilla is boring .
      Thanks a lot !
      (N.B : sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

• By StarStrike103
      Ok, I have a forge modpack 1.7.10. I've set up a server with mods and forge and everything and it works fine.
      But the issue is, is I want plugins in my server.

Any help?
      Also, my plugins will only use forge - nothing else.