The Plague Corporation *Mod Edit* Dis shit's wikked awesome yo.

Backplague

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to create a new server that would handle all computer IDs in case you have to change some crucial computer's ID. How it was supposed to work was; have a file containing all computer IDs, read all IDs from that file, each server requests that computer to send all needed IDs when starting. The problem is; what ID will the servers try to fetch the needed IDs from if they have to fetch that ID from the ID server? I dont want to hardcode it, it will suck to edit each server when the ID server's ID is changed. As much as i know, you cannot access the general directory of the computers. If you could, i could just add a file there containing the ID server's ID. If you know how to solve my problem, please tell!

Edit:

Well god dammit. ccSensors does not want to work. It is otherwise a great mod but the overall look is disgusting. The GUI is ugly, the textures are bad and there are many bugs. Getting the sensors work is also annoying.

Impressive sir. Like you, I have a passion for system engineering, but I have to ask, what now? After reaching the pinnacle of automation what do you do? In my own Tekkit adventures it feels as if the sidewalk has ended.

Wouldn't it be amazing if our monstrous creations had a point? Sustaining a population with power, food, clothes, public transportation and other such life support activities? Maybe even war? A factory of that scale could produce stockpiles of ammunition, parts and weapon systems. It would be nice to see the fruits of your labor be used for more than looks. Don't you agree?

Hey this is absolutely amazing!!! but i have a Q, (sorry in advance if i sound like a noob) how do you control the machines with redstone? And how do you control everything and see the states (on/off) of everything? I have been scouring the internet and the ComputerCraft Wiki/Forums for a way to do this. It would be greatly appreciate if you could help me.

I activate the redstone engines to suck stuff into the machines. I explained how the system works in the main post. It also has a link for the CC programs i use. Also each advanced machine i have do also take redstone input to stay "on" (induction furnaces collect heat, macerators speed up etc.). The mass fabricators turn off when redstone input is applied.

Does this actually work? I noticed a couple of build errors in the pics posted.

Everything is working fine, i havent yet found any bugs or glitches in the system.

why dont you use energy links for BC power generation?

The only BC power i get is from the redstone engines and the only place where i use it is the quarry. I get enough power from the solar arrays.