The Plague Corporation *Mod Edit* Dis shit's wikked awesome yo.

Backplague

Broadcasting a public message is something i would not like to do. It can be easily received at a wrong computer and that computer can send false data. ID checking will also not work, since the servers dont know what server to expect the IDs from.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happens if someone sneeks in and gets to the servers?

Only thing they may find out are the server IDs, because they are shown at the servers when they boot up.

@Backplague just for fun :D I COULD say now: "Why these security things with auth servers and such on a private server on which everyone trusts everyone?"

Edit: Just. Kidding. ;)

Because awesome.

I noticed this one awesome thing. In the technicpack.net website, there is the scrolling image thing of the modpacks. The background image of the Technic image is the image of my furnace machine :D

Kind of funny to have an image from a Tekkit build representing Technic...

• 2 weeks later...

@Backplague For your ID Server thingy, the computers DO have a general storage. In your servers directory, go to mods, then computercraft, then lua. Here are the bios.lua (used to init both turtles and computers, eg you can modify the message craft OS 1.3 to eg "LOL U HAV BEEN HACKD BRO !!!!!!!1!1!!111")

and the folder rom. Its exactly the same folder rom like the folder rom in cc computers but with the difference that you can now WRITE into it, with np++. So you can create your own OS. BUT! Changes made at these files will affect EVERY computer on your server. So if you Forget for ex. A ) and save, every computer will crash on restart. I also think you can put files or programs into the directory where the bios is, if you want some good and very helpful references and examples for all this, look at the CC "addon" Redworks: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/899620-redworks-add-on-package-for-computercraft-beta-120/

Phew, sorry if my text isnt soo nice, I just wanted to say this quickly before i'm going to bed. Good night *yawn*

Hi, i am the creator of Redworks. I noticed you linked a very old thread, please use the one i just linked. Also, the hacking of the bios you just suggested is not required at all. Making friendly CC viruses can be simple as creating/editing a startup file in the root of the computer's HDD. I will be releasing RWTK (redworks toolkit) in a few days. Just like the previous addon the source will be available on my github.

Hi, i am the creator of Redworks. I noticed you linked a very old thread, please use the one i just linked. Also, the hacking of the bios you just suggested is not required at all. Making friendly CC viruses can be simple as creating/editing a startup file in the root of the computer's HDD. I will be releasing RWTK (redworks toolkit) in a few days. Just like the previous addon the source will be available on my github.

Awesome! I LOVE Redworks. Didnt know you are on here :) I will edit my post.