The Plague Corporation *Mod Edit* Dis shit's wikked awesome yo.

Backplague

Sorry for being so dumb, but when I go to the download link for the CC programs, it tells me that the file is private. I've been trying since I saw this on the technic pack website (congrats, by the way), and it's always told me the file is private. Do I need to log into mediafire?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, would've been nice to see in a flyby vid. :3 Anyways, are you still working on this world/project or have you moved on to something new? You know how it is with minecraft after all; "Just one more block... Just one more block..." xD

@Backplague For your ID Server thingy, the computers DO have a general storage. In your servers directory, go to mods, then computercraft, then lua. Here are the bios.lua (used to init both turtles and computers, eg you can modify the message craft OS 1.3 to eg "LOL U HAV BEEN HACKD BRO !!!!!!!1!1!!111")

and the folder rom. Its exactly the same folder rom like the folder rom in cc computers but with the difference that you can now WRITE into it, with np++. So you can create your own OS. BUT! Changes made at these files will affect EVERY computer on your server. So if you Forget for ex. A ) and save, every computer will crash on restart. I also think you can put files or programs into the directory where the bios is, if you want some good and very helpful references and examples for all this, look at the CC "addon" Redworks: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/899620-redworks-add-on-package-for-computercraft-beta-120/

Phew, sorry if my text isnt soo nice, I just wanted to say this quickly before i'm going to bed. Good night *yawn*

• 2 weeks later...

So ccSensors is now in vanilla Tekkit. Fuck yes.

I must admit, i get this feeling it was added just for me :)

Edit:

Sorry prasselpikachu for a late reply. I dont feel like having the server IDs publicly available for every computer in the server.

Even More Edit:

Well ccSensors still has the SMP issues it used to have. So no power levels for me now :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again a late reply. The way you told is exactly the way i did it, but there is a problem. How can the servers send a message to the ID server if they have to fetch the ID server's ID from the ID server?

I also thought about different ways to hack into the system, with "hacking" i mean to get the passwords and/or programs. One way is to request the file server to send afile but of course this will not work, since the authentication server doesnt recognize the ID. Other way i figured out was to overload the servers with messages, this could work since each time a server gets a message, it has to authenticate the ID with the authentication server, causing overload on the authentication server. Third thing i found is that you can use the authentication server at your will, since it did not check the ID of the incoming message. Simply fixed, updated CC files. Get them here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t9m3356utcpjtyb

If you come up/discover any way to get the programs/passwords, do tell me so i can apply a fix :)