Modpack Memory leak/lag, no crash

gorillavanilla

Hello,

I've got a problem i cant seem to put my finger on. I've put together a modpack for technic, I have around 43 mods, or 69 by the in-game counter, so its by no means a huge modpack; however i experience an extreme amount of lag to the point that occasionally im sure its crashed before it pulls it back together. It persists throughout my time playing but never crashes on the client, I've played for 20 minutes or more to see when/if it would. The server I set up begins to display, "can't keep up" upon loading a single player and crashes shortly thereafter.
I play larger modpacks regularly with a couple of friends on the same setup without issue. I've allocated 4gb to mincraft through tekkit and this is my launch.bat text, ""C:Program FilesJavajre7binjava.exe" -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xmx3072M -Xms2048M -jar forge.jar nogui

PAUSE"

Crash log on pastebin (hopefully)
www.pastebin.com/ZcBS6Zyh

any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure how to proceed from here.
Edited by gorillavanilla

• Discord Moderator
  • Always provide a link to your custom modpack page or its API URL when requesting assistance.
  • How much RAM does your PC have? If you have 8G and are allocating 4G to the launcher and 3G to the server on the same machine, you are going to have a bad day. Assume that Windows will run like crap if it has less than 2G to play with. In this scenario that adds up to 9G which is more physical RAM than you have. Even if you got it down to 8G you'd probably still have issues. If your pack is that small then 2G max should be plenty. Try setting your Launcher to 3G, the server to -Xmx2g and see how it all works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Discord Moderator
  • Pre-generating the world will reduce your worldgen lag during normal game play. However, it MASSIVELY increases the size of your world save along with a huge increase in disk space requirements if you are using Dynmap.
  • Allocating only 512M to the Launcher will prevent you from playing the majority of modern 1.7.10 modpacks.
  • If you are running a server and a client on the same system, your performance is going to suffer greatly.

• Discord Moderator

@Badcholo: I stand by my recommendations with a raft of empirical evidence and with adherence to recommendations by mod authors and other folks likely much more skilled than I am. If you have specific points you would care to share which would counter my examples or recommendations, which you can back up with hard evidence, I'm always open to learning something new or correcting faulty positions. That being said, as for your own "Brains" modpack, after testing by myself and others it doesn't seem to be functional (throws an array index out of bounds error upon SSP world creation). Might want to take a look at that.

My Mod pack can't be played in single player, just on my server.

I noticed you edited your posts.  That was a good idea.  I'm not going to post the response I had all typed out, but will instead simplify it quite a bit.

- SSP stands for Survival Single Player.

- You don't need to learn Java to fix problems with mod packs.

- If a mod creator didn't complete their mod, don't put it in your pack, or expect problems and learn how to work around them.

- There's a section of the forums dedicated to custom packs (Platform Pagoda).  May I suggest posting there with a bunch of information and even attempts if you want help making a pack?

You are correct that your first mod pack should not be expected to be a raging success.  Some people have gifts with such things, but that is a rare talent, and most of us have to work to get good at something like this.