[HELP] I cant join servers without instantly falling through the map

So basically my pc is fine but whenever I join a server I just fall and fall. The sun or moon is loaded along with the clouds and my PC is working at a good 125fps. Im also giving it 3gb memory in the launcher settings so thats not a problem either. i also tried giving it more like 6 but still i just fall through a map. 

So if anyone has any help they can give please do.

Ples hlep mi.

• Discord Moderator

The fact that your system is well equipped, yet you are experiencing symptoms of severe lag, implies that there is either a communications issue of some sort between you and the server (latency, low bandwidth, packet loss, etc.) or that the server is severely overloaded and not able to properly deliver the chunk data to your client. Which of these problems it may be depends on a variety of factors:

• What is the ping time from you to the server?
  • Are there any dropped packets?
  • What is your upstream/downstream provisioning?
  • What results do you get from a speed test?
  • What results do you get from a traceroute to the server?
  • Are others able to log into the server? If so, do they experience this issue? What is the server TPS?

Apart from that, what is happening in the area you are entering? I am experiencing this problem when entering the area of my automated mob farms (i have been a bit too eager with them). This doesn't happen all the time but in good regular intervals. I come through the portal and fall into the bottomless pit. During those incidents I am not experiencing lag or anything communication related, but the server goes bananas

• the ping of the server im trying to join is 550ms
  • there are 0 dropped packets from testing on www.pingtest.net
  • testing my speed test has shown i have excellent ping haha ://
  • many other people can log onto the server  

my ping is 34ms the line quality is A with 4.9 MOS. My isp scored 3/5.

when i join servers i connect fine what happens is the chunk dosent load, it comes up on the far top right map mod but i see nothing besides the sun and particle affects when i get below bedrock level from falling. its not a specific chunk its everywhere. This happens for every single server its not specifically this one. Plus when i load a single player world its fine, normal attack of the b team. i cant imagine it being my PC's fault becuase the FPS usually will go up to heights of 600 when im falling..

• Discord Moderator

Hmm. The symptoms you describe is basically what happens when the client isn't getting the chunk data from the server. Now, why this is happening is currently a mystery, but that is why you are "falling". The client has no data for blocks under you so it makes you fall. 550ms ping time is pretty abysmal for a server, but that alone shouldn't cause what you are seeing.

Can you try connecting to my TekkitLite server? Tekkit Lite is fairly tame and I know my server is fine:

Pack: TekkitLite

Server: tekkitlite.circlecraft.info

I'll check the logs afterwards (both server and IP traffic) if there are any issues.