My Modpack will not launch.

Yellowmonstr

Details - I have made my own private modpack and i cannot launch. i will click the 'Play' button, the launcher will close, then the launcher will reappear, as if nothing has happened.

I have allocated 4Gb of ram. i am using Java 7 64 bit.

I will not post my console log when i launch it:

[*huge log deleted by Mod*

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and offer a solution if you can. <3
Edited by Munaus

• Discord Moderator

Always provide the API URL or the Technic pack page link here when requesting assistance for a custom modpack.

I have allocated 4Gb of ram. i am using Java 7 64 bit

And then I see:

[B#234]  [12:27:22] [main/INFO]: Java is Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_25, running on Windows 7

So, you are running Java 8, not Java 7.

[B#234]  Exception in thread "main" [12:27:24] [main/INFO]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: openmods/asm/VisitorHelper$TransformProvider

This line indicates that you likely are missing a dependency library. It is impossible to know which until you provide one of the links I mentioned previously.

• Discord Moderator
  • You should probably update to the latest AE2rv2 beta.
  • Your BigReactors is very old with known issues. Update.
  • Your ChickenBones mods (CodeChickenCore, ChickenChunks, Ender Storage, NEI) are mismatched and some are very old. Make sure you have the latest matching versions from the author's website.
  • Factorization mod is very old with known issues. Update.
  • CoFHLib is for developers only and should not be in a client modpack.
  • You have OpenBlocks mod but not the dependency library OpenModsLib. Get the latest matching versions from the author's website.

Most of your mods are out of date and have known issues. Update the latest versions. Fix these issues and come back if you still have problems.

• Discord Moderator

You changed your modpack archive, but did not change the pack version number. Every time you change your modpack archive you must also change/increment the pack version number or the Launcher will never be notified that an update is available.

• You now have two copies of CodeChickenCore, EnderStorage and NEI mods in your pack. This will crash on startup. Remove the older versions.
  • You still haven't updated AE2.
  • You removed CoFHCore. This is a required mod for all of the TeamCoFH mods. You should only have removed CoFHLib, not CoFHCore.