ICBM Mod

CbotL6

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I was reading your comments and the ICBM would be a great addition to technic. I tried adding it but i was coming up with errors which i'm pretty sure are just ID problems. Normally i would look under the config file but none appeared for this mod. is there a way to view its Id's or something else to change it?

Same problem: Configs would be nice

Also, please don't hate on sengir.

Whether or not his reason for pulling the mod from the pack was valid or not, it was his wish, and you have to respect that.

... You don't seem to know the whole story. He deliberately added malicious code to his mod to break the games of the technic pack users only, without asking the team to remove it beforehand. The team actually asked him, but his only answer was this malicious code. And he haven't even removed it, he only disabled it. No matter how great of a guy he was, this made me lose all respect for him.

I know about the code, and about the requests, but from what I've seen, he is a paranoid person in general, and he evidently thought that it probably wouldn't be removed. His problem. How bout we end this discussion, because I don't want to be responsible for hijacking this tread. Sorry.

Back on topic: If you want it in the pack, I recommend you focus more on ironing out what you have (bug fices, etc.) before adding content. The technic team really only add (more or less) issue free(ish) mods.

I know about the code, and about the requests, but from what I've seen, he is a paranoid person in general, and he evidently thought that it probably wouldn't be removed. His problem. How bout we end this discussion, because I don't want to be responsible for hijacking this tread. Sorry.

Back on topic: If you want it in the pack, I recommend you focus more on ironing out what you have (bug fices, etc.) before adding content. The technic team really only add (more or less) issue free(ish) mods.

That's what I'm working on now! The 1.3.2 update bugged everything up. It wasn't this buggy before but I'm fixing things on the way.

Same problem: Configs would be nice

Also, please don't hate on sengir.

Whether or not his reason for pulling the mod from the pack was valid or not, it was his wish, and you have to respect that.

There are configs in the config folder, but it's slightly hidden. Config file is in "config/UniversalElectricity/ICBM.cfg".

P.S What do you mean, to "join the technic pack"?

I'm pretty sure he means have his mod as an official mod for the Technic pack or Tekkit. Seeing what a wonderful mod he has on his hands so far, I have little doubt that once the mod is out of beta that is will be added into the pack!

red power + wireless redstone + icbm= any missle, any where, any time.

this mod is amazing, The number of ways that you can blow up npc enclaves is awe inspiring.

edit: be careful with the sonic missile it appears to have corrupted my world

ah, but if you have the other two then you can use the remote to designate which of the various missles to load or when to unload it so you can switch missles. not to mention it gives you the ability to sellect multiple rockets for the different launchers in a barage.

you are correct though, i should ahve mentioned that the laser designator is the crical final step

HELL YES!!!!!!

I found that the prettiest way was to come up through the floor but i am sure their are others.

right now I have an experemental set up with storage units hooked up to deployers and receivers. that then feed into a launcher bank. that lets me use the remote to select which missles to load into the lancher bank (up to ten missles of any configuration) and then i use the laser range finder to target the volley.

a ten missle volley of shpraptenal missles is a sight to behold.

More ways to explosively kill ourselves is ALWAYS needed. Nukes weren't enough.

Got that right, but still, killing ourselves WITH a barrage of nukes? or getting caught in an implosion? awesome.

i just wish the spikes are more "flexible" can be placed in pistons or something like that.

ICBM mod is pretty rad.

Wanting to get up to 50 or more types of missles? Damn, that's a lot. Should we brainstorm potential payloads? Off the top of my head would say maybe mob-based stuff, like one that could turn villagers into zombies, or one that rains down creepers. Maybe one that would actually restore damaged areas back into grassy plains with flowers and animals, hahaha.

I also cannot wait to see some ICBM PVP shenanigans happen.

edit: Bomb versions that can be dropped from planes, which you can ride Strangelove style.

I love the idea of a flowafyer (every grass block has a flower placed on top)

how about a delivery missle that would carry items. it could have about 4 slots and drop the items on landing.

on a more serrious note:

I think a durty bomb would be a good idea (standard blast but puts out radiation blocks)

and a lava missile would be just evil. particularly if it droped non source blocks.

indeed, I the instant this gets added the face of my server is going to be completely altered. I know that several factions have already prepared silos.

Holy kitchen closets, I'm loving this mod, wow, this should be one of the goals for the next version :o, the way dat anti-ballistic missile took down the other one, it made me get goosebumps ^.^.