Question

Whenever I try to open any modpack, including original technic modpacks, it begins installing the assets. Then the launcher closes and immediately reopens to the same page, though the installing assets bar has disappeared. How can I fix this?

5 answers to this question

post the log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

Error occurred during initialization of VM
 [INFO]  Could not reserve enough space for 1048576KB object heap

too little memory. Click on Launcher Options (cog wheel button) and the java settings tab. In there is an option to change your RAM allowance to the launcher, change it to something between 1-3GB (depending on how much RAM your PC has)

I went in to change the amount of RAM allowance, but the maximum it would allow me was 1 GB. My computer has up to approximately 4 GB available for use. Is there anyway to get larger GB options in the RAM allowance?

sorry, forgot to reply here. The reason you can only allow 1GB is that you either have a 32-bit java or a 32-bit OS.

You can uninstall your javas and get a 64-bit one

If your Operating System is 32-bit then you can't do much, besides buying a new PC. That shouldn't be your case if you have 4GB RAM