How to Balance Equivalent Exchange 2 on a Tekkit Server

Hello to the peoples,

I have recently created a Tekkit server, and I would like to add/re-enable EE2, but I do not want people exploiting it. I would like to know what things I should disable, and how to disable them.

I know that I do not want any energy collectors, as they completely eliminate the need to mine and set up machines, but what else should I disable? I do not think that the RM furnace is "cheating", per se, as it costs thousands of diamonds worth of EMC, and for that price you had better be getting something good.

I want the transmutation table, and the alchemical chest and energy condenser, but I am not sure if I should keep the amulets and power items, as it is very easy to grief with them(The Volcanite Amulet is a nightmare to clean up, and one could easily use the Ring of... uh... something to burn down entire cities and forests)

If you want your EE2 back but you're not completely sure what is safe and what isnt, here are items that can be abused and allow players to duplicate items:

1. Transmutation table (allows dupe if server lags)

2. Alchemical chest (when people destroy it, it ends up with infinitive sack of items - dupe)

3. RM furnace (when you place stackale item in last stot of your inventory while RM furnace interface is open and shift click on that item you gain 2x of it)

Fixes: Mainly what you will be using for this to be solved is

1.Permissions

2.NoItem plugin

3.Essentials (I think not completely necessary but recommended though)

With these plugins you can:

permissions - set specific permission to some item for some user group

example: noitem.NoUse.11

This permission adds noitem plugin block to 11 ID block

And so you can do the same in essentials if you want to completely remove block from placing for all but op's

The explainations are in essentials config file.

I hope this was clear enough to understand, if you do not understand or cant accomplish something feel free to ask for detailed explaination and/or extra help

I would also reduce the rate at which the EE machines run using the EE.props file. I don't know exactly how the scaling factor works, so I would test a few values and see what results occur.

Actually, the EE.props file can be used solely to disable unwanted items (I'd start with the transmutation table/condenser, and keep going from there), just open it up in a text editor and figure out how it's set up.

Disable Void Rings. If you toss any item out of your inventory while a Void ring is in an Alchemy bag, it will duplicate it. 2 Red Matter could become 8 matter, 49 matter, etc, etc. To exploit this further, toss the item from your alchemy bag your void ring is in into the game world.

The more rings you have in bags, the more you get duplicated.

There is a list here, and more information

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-smp-grief-issues-patch-for-proper-ee-logging-4th-post.6322/

Some have reported the patch made their server crash constantly, so test it before use.

Also disable Watch of Flowing time, it interferes with power generation with IC2. You can basically watch the power stored in a MFSU go down despite being powered by a 5 LV arrays, and only running a few basic machines. That and its annoying sun scrolling feature.

If you want your EE2 back but you're not completely sure what is safe and what isnt, here are items that can be abused and allow players to duplicate items:

2. Alchemical chest (when people destroy it, it ends up with infinitive sack of items - dupe)

3. RM furnace (when you place stackale item in last stot of your inventory while RM furnace interface is open and shift click on that item you gain 2x of it)

1.Permissions

2.NoItem plugin

And so you can do the same in essentials if you want to completely remove block from placing for all but op's

I hope this was clear enough to understand, if you do not understand or cant accomplish something feel free to ask for detailed explaination and/or extra help

lol you really love noitem lol

Wow, that was fast feedback if ever such a thing were to be found! I disabled Dynamite, Nukes, RM and DM furnaces, Void rings, Volcanite amulets, Collectors, Quantum armor, etc. And, Overload and Fabricator77, if either of you two want to join my server, you need only ask (You were both very helpful)

1.Permissions

2.NoItem plugin

Are you flippin serious? I was duping items on a server with my cheap CC disk drive and it made me feel like a pro hacker. Do all servers with EE enabled have these issues you mention? How is it acceptable? How can the admins sleep at night? Btw you forgot the CT3/Pstone dupe glitch.

lol you really love noitem lol

ye, it litteraly solved my problem of the week :D

Disable Void Rings. If you toss any item out of your inventory while a Void ring is in an Alchemy bag, it will duplicate it. 2 Red Matter could become 8 matter, 49 matter, etc, etc. To exploit this further, toss the item from your alchemy bag your void ring is in into the game world.

The more rings you have in bags, the more you get duplicated.

Does this issue appear only with ring or gem of eternal destiny/black hole band also couses same problem?

Are you flippin serious? I was duping items on a server with my cheap CC disk drive and it made me feel like a pro hacker. Do all servers with EE enabled have these issues you mention? How is it acceptable? How can the admins sleep at night? Btw you forgot the CT3/Pstone dupe glitch.

well, usualy so that admins could sleep at night they disable those items to prevent duping.

and about tc3/pstone dupe uhm... not sure about this becouse when ever I craft something with it and get loads of pstones they appear to be ghost blocks and they disapear when ever you try to interact with them somehow

Edit: sorry for double post ;x

well, usualy so that admins could sleep at night they disable those items to prevent duping.

and about tc3/pstone dupe uhm... not sure about this becouse when ever I craft something with it and get loads of pstones they appear to be ghost blocks and they disapear when ever you try to interact with them somehow

Edit: sorry for double post ;x

But I've seen trans tablets and alch chests enabled in loads of servers I've encountered in my travels... o_O

Oh and thanks for the correction. I've only ever heard of the CT3/pstone bug. Never tried it myself. XD

But I've seen trans tablets and alch chests enabled in loads of servers I've encountered in my travels... o_O

Oh and thanks for the correction. I've only ever heard of the CT3/pstone bug. Never tried it myself. XD

In my server I have enabled alch chest, but it's impossible to destroy so dupe is unaviable with it

When you say balance, do you mean prevent EE exploits, or balance it in terms of the whole thing?

If it's the later, give up, as it can't be done without removing all the key blocks. The condenser is probably the worst of the lot, followed closely by the p-table for multi-mod balance. In terms of EE balance, well, the creators themselves say it's balance is terrible for multiplayer, to the point they're trying to re-jig the fundamental systems in EE3.

That said, if your going to have it on, I would also look into disabling the recipe to macerate blazepowder. blazerod -> macerate into 5 powder -> condense 3 into rod is stupidly broken.