Sturlie

Question

Hello, so I recently started having a problem with a few of the chunks in my Tekkit world. I've done a bit of research in an effort to resolve the problem, but have come up against a wall and there is nothing else I have the expertise to resolve myself or find a resolution too.

A couple of weeks ago I started having a major lag problem in a handful of my chunks. It's only occuring in this one handful of adjacent chunks. Basically when I enter any of these handful of chunks I get extraordinary lag unto the game being unplayable within this area. I haven't done anything in these specific chunks aside from placing some torches and mining out some ores.

I can't just reset the region as my hq is nearby to these chunks and I am not sure how to tell if my hq is in the same region as the offending chunks.

My research has turned up three possible ways to resolve the problem, but one involves delving into the game code so I don't feel comfortable with that one given my lack of technical expertise. The other two involve tools I feel more comfortable with but I am not certain how I can use them alongwith tekkit.

The first option is to use MCEdit to regenerate the chunks, but I have been unable to figure out how to set up MCEdit to be able to read all of the mods in tekkit. Currently I am only able to figure out how to set up MCEdit to work with vanilla minecraft, MCEdit reads my world with numerous 'unknown' blocks in the place modded blocks, which is a problem because I assume this also means that MCEdit cannot generate new chunks with modded blocks the way a Tekkit world should have.

The other option is to use World Edit and regenerate the chunks from world edits in world interface, however I do not know how I could add World Edit to my single player map.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet