Technic 2.0 on USB?

Jacob_sword

Ok new question, I was playing at school installed java 7 and then it would load to the 2 mark and just crash. How do I fix?

That one's easy. Stop fucking around at school. It's an institution of academia. Appreciate it and use it. You'll stop hanging out with most of the people you know there. Your kids won't care if you were fucking cool. However, they will care if they have food and warm clothes. Focus on something math based and do some good in the world.

Ok new question, I was playing at school installed java 7 and then it would load to the 2 mark and just crash. How do I fix?

By not wasting the time that has been reserved for education playing video games.

There's a time for work and there's a time for play. All work and no play might make Jack a dull boy, but all play and no work makes him an idiot.

By not wasting the time that has been reserved for education playing video games.

There's a time for work and there's a time for play. All work and no play might make Jack a dull boy, but all play and no work makes him an idiot.

I totally agree. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I pay taxes, and instead I get Minecraft. Fine and dandy, but Technic Pack on a USB won't clean me when my bowels let go at the ripe age of 98.

Stay in school. Don't drop out and become a Pokemon Trainer.

Copy the entire /.techniclauncher/ folder into the USB and copy it to the %appdata% of the computer you wish to use.

Then get offline (for it to always work) and open the launcher. Now play offline.

G'luck teching (I misspeled that, but ok). Try not to blow their minds with this awesome blocky game (and RedPower 2).

ok, maybe I wasn't clear. I'm a teacher I want to use Minecraft to teach my students. But before I go and buy accounts I have to get the game to work.

THIS is the type of stuff you make sure to mention beforehand. As far as we knew you were some 14 year old who wanted to play Minecraft instead of doing classwork.

Also have you cleared this with your schools tech support team, those guys don't like teachers doing stuff to the computers behind their backs. Find out if they did anything funky to the computers (all my high schools computers had frozen hard drives(no changes saved after shutdown), locked USBs, and by the end where more or less turned into thin clients).

And check out MinecraftEDU like ErusPrime recommended. They plan to provide lesson plan maps, over a server control system, and have official partnered with Mojang AB to offer discounted Minecraft accounts to academic institutions.

Ya sorry about that, wasn't thinking. thanks for the link. But I'm having problems with Technic on the computers. It starts to load but the launcher never comes up. I would really like to know how to fix this.

[list type=decimal]

[li]Start[/li]

[li]Run[/li]

[li]type "%appdata%\.techniclauncher" without the quotes[/li]

[li]hit ok[/li]

[li]run the jar file[/li]

Most school networks are crippled as heck and only the admins know how to or have the power to do anything.

yeah. If you want to actually use this to teach, you'll need to speak with the school about getting it to work as they'll most likely need to build an image and organizational unit for minecraft PC's.

You should still have access to your user appdata folder though, you can type that same line in windows explorer to get there as well.

unrelated: I've never worked somewhere that had a decent network. it's always a jumbled mess and all the network guys go "this works. don't touch it."

unrelated: I've never worked somewhere that had a decent network. it's always a jumbled mess and all the network guys go "this works. don't touch it."

That is Network admins for you, got their MCSE (or whatever the heck the right one is) certification then turned cynical and tired (and maybe lazy) from dealing with "stupid" people. Stupid in quotes because it is in comparison to what they know.

Also you can apply that to this forum with a few edits:

That is Technic Pack admins for you, got their DONG certification then turned cynical and tired from dealing with stupid "people". People in quotes because I am not sure some of Kellers are even human.

That is Network admins for you, got their MCSE (or whatever the heck the right one is) certification then turned cynical and tired (and maybe lazy) from dealing with "stupid" people. Stupid in quotes because it is in comparison to what they know.

Also you can apply that to this forum with a few edits:

That is Technic Pack admins for you, got their DONG certification then turned cynical and tired from dealing with stupid "people". People in quotes because I am not sure some of Kellers are even human.

actually it started out as a decent network, but they have to make considerations for budget and new technologies with minimal interruption so it always ends up a jumbled mess that just works.

Most school networks are crippled as heck and only the admins know how to or have the power to do anything.

And half the people taking IT. Seriously, I got more out of trying to get things to work in my school network than I did actually doing the work. M$ 101 would have been better name for my classes.

And half the people taking IT. Seriously, I got more out of trying to get things to work in my school network than I did actually doing the work. M$ 101 would have been better name for my classes.

Most starting technical classes are just how to use MS tools since they are the industry standard. occasionally you will get a class where they have you use Linux and most the people will have no idea what is going on. We should probably get back on topic though.

Most of the people /taking/ our 'Applied ICT' classes knew more then the teacher, and the network dudes had no clue (they obviously just managed to reserch enough to set up some pre-packaged solution and look like they know something. no actual ability required since the rest of the staff were more incpetent then the students.)

This was a while back mind you.