Why don't people like somnia?

Zelda103

My computer is a toaster, so the simulation is incredibly slow at times with a lot going on.

I still love and use the mod of course, but it could be a reason for people disliking it.

At least it's faster than having to sit there and wait.

At least it's faster than having to sit there and wait.

Yeah but the somnia screen isn't very intresting , they should have a mini-game while we wait :P . Anyway I like to d other thigns while i wait for my furnaces, mine ,collect produce from farms ,etc

generaly, it feels like cheating when used with anything thats biggest restriction is time(energy collectors UU matter)

That or balance, depending on your free time...

Mostly, people need a wya to switch it off quickly.

And it can be slow, especaly if your in range of a village

I do find Somnia annoying because it sometimes doesn't make a difference. May as well wait the 9 minutes night lasts and actually do stuff instead of waiting about three or four and not being able to do anything at all. I tend to organize my chests during the night during vanilla, or take stock of what I have and what I need to get the next day. Trivial things like that.

generaly, it feels like cheating when used with anything thats biggest restriction is time(energy collectors UU matter)

That or balance, depending on your free time...

Mostly, people need a wya to switch it off quickly.

And it can be slow, especaly if your in range of a village

I disagree, i think it feels LESS like cheating, because you actually have to be safe, and have your dangerous equipment turned off.

With classic beds you can just be like "Oops, almost night time, i'll just lay this bed down, and change night into day" and you don't even get any power interuption from your solar panels, no mobs spawn, nothing happens.

As a side note, it's a bad idea to use somnia if you have a reactor that requires attention. You leave it on one night, and then you just wake up to the "respawn?" screen

I disagree, i think it feels LESS like cheating, because you actually have to be safe, and have your dangerous equipment turned off.

With classic beds you can just be like "Oops, almost night time, i'll just lay this bed down, and change night into day" and you don't even get any power interuption from your solar panels, no mobs spawn, nothing happens.

As a side note, it's a bad idea to use somnia if you have a reactor that requires attention. You leave it on one night, and then you just wake up to the "respawn?" screen

Been there, done that, sir.

A casuc went wrong, somehow 2 of my snowmens died, it didnt produced enough ice, things whent nasty after it.

I've tested it before, and it never exploded, even after 4 full cicles, but on the tests, both 3 snowgolens were alive.

That REALLY ruined my day. Now I'll never make one without some sort of protection (the ic2 modular force field was a nice addition I've found a couple of days ago)

Been there, done that, sir.

A casuc went wrong, somehow 2 of my snowmens died, it didnt produced enough ice, things whent nasty after it.

I've tested it before, and it never exploded, even after 4 full cicles, but on the tests, both 3 snowgolens were alive.

That REALLY ruined my day. Now I'll never make one without some sort of protection (the ic2 modular force field was a nice addition I've found a couple of days ago)

your casuc probably died because making a safe automated suc reactor requires about 4 blocks of ice entering the reactor per second.

Pros of it are simulation while sleeping and provides a "wait" feature to minecraft as well as being able to sleep to any time of the day (right click with watch). Also, trying to sleep while in safe but "unsafe" areas. Some times Minecraft thinks you're bed is able to be assaulted by a zombie so it spawns one on you, never happens with Somnia unless they actually get to you!

Cons are that it can be boring if you have a slow computer and simulation is like 3x or something. Also, it is a constant temptation to wait all the time on the machines (expecially the Energy Condenser setup for EE).

Pro of normal sleeping is a lag free instantaneous switch to day light.

Con is no passage of time and the occasional afore mentioned false assumption that your bed isn't safe.

Beds don't spawn monsters on you anymore since 1.0, so that's completely irrelevant now.

Yeah, now they don't even check for hostile conditions at ALL. You can sleep unprotected in a glade, as long as you go to bed right at sundown.