[3.1.2] Aftermath [PvP] [42 slots] [Greylist] [A great variety of plugins, see thread] [No EE]

Typical_Name

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your In-game Name: bigbluebot

What you like to do on Minecraft (pvping, building, socializing, slaughtering monsters, etc): Blowing shit up

Which number has a larger positive value, -1500 or 1000?: 1000. But 1000 isn't cool, you know what is cool? 1001.

[Optional] An essay of any length on your favorite historical figure: Okay, this might be a little lengthy. I'm doing mine on David Lloyd George.

David Lloyd George: The Man, the Mystery, the Mustache

David Lloyd George was a British diplomat prominent during the World War I era, early 20th century. He was born in Manchester, England on the 17th of January in 1863. During his early years, he succeeded in school, and after graduating from Llanystumdwy national School, he started studying law and politics to become a solicitor. In 1879, he became an apprentice to a firm in Portmadoc, and completed his studies in 1884. He began his political endeavors in 1885, campaigning for the Liberal Party. It was in 1888 that he married Margaret Owen. The two later had five children; two sons, three daughters.

Lloyd George gained a seat in parliament in 1890, representing the welsh Carnarvon Boroughs. He kept this seat for 55 years. His diplomacy skills stood out in the house of commons; other representatives found his wit and audacity to be notable. However, his audacity led him to become a left-wing radical for a short time. He was very much opposed to the second Boer war, speaking out against Imperialism. He was nearly lynched when he visited conservative Birmingham. In 1902, Lloyd George began attacking Balfour's education act. This led the liberal party to favor him. It also caught the attention of Sir Henry Campbell, who brought Lloyd George into his cabinet in 1906 as president of Board of Trade. For this position, Lloyd George attended to a number of affairs, but was most praised for his work settling rail way strikes. In 1908, Campbell resigns, and is succeeded by Herbert Henry Asquith.

In 1909, Lloyd George is faced with a number of issues. The Liberal Party was losing its grip in politics. Conflict was brewing between radicals and the Labour Party. In the military field, Britain's naval fleet is falling behind Germany's military regime. Killing two birds with one stone, Lloyd George devises the ingenious People's Budget of 1909. The plan puts more taxes on land and luxuries, allowing new welfare programs to develop, as well as to gain more naval power. It passes through the House of Commons, but is shot down by the conservatives in the House of Lords. Upset by such injustice, Lloyd George gets his vengeance with the Parliament Act of 1911, limiting power of the Upper House. The National Insurance Act of 1911 paves the way for a modern welfare state.

Upon the outbreak of World War I, Lloyd George was given the title of Minister of Munitions in response to an arms shortage in 1915. He begins work in increasing munitions production. During this time, he gains insight on military strategy. Asquith takes note of this, and appoints him to the vacant seat of Secretary of State for War. It became known that Lloyd George wasn't meant for the job, as he had maybe a year of military experience. Sir William Robertson, chief of the imperial staff, restricts Lloyd George by taking much of the power of his position away. In 1916, Asquith resigns as a result of general dislike from the public. Two days later, he is replaced David Lloyd George.

Lloyd George was well received in his new position. He was supported by a fragmented Liberal Party, as well as the conservative party. During the last two years of the war, he introduces the convoy system to the Royal Navy, as well as unifying allied military forces under French command. At the end of the War, Lloyd George went to the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 to discuss the peace terms between the allied forces. Lloyd George sought an intermediate path between the ideologies of Woodrow Wilson and Georges Clemenceau. However, in the end, he was pushed towards Clemenceau's policies. While the Versailles Treaty had pernicious long-term effects, it was well received in Britain.

After the war, issues were arising in Ireland. Civil war was in full swing. In 1921, Lloyd George is forced to take action, going against the policy of Irish repression and giving Irish Independence in 1921. After this, we see George's downfall beginning. He runs into strife as his coalition starts crumbling. In 1922 his poor handling of the Chanak crisis led to Lloyd's resigning from his position of Prime Minister. From thereon out, Lloyd still remained prominent in the 1920s, but by the 1940s he was practically retired. On the 26th of March, 1945, Lloyd George passed away at a ripe age of 82.

David Lloyd George's views on the Great War were very much representative of Britain's ideologies. Lloyd George was supportive of WWI when it first approached. Before becoming prime minister, he increased munitions productions as the Minister of Munitions. Once he became Prime Minister, he established a unique wartime cabinet specifically tailored for the war. He focused on building relationships with France. As Secretary of State for War, he improved railway conditions between British and French lines. He also negotiated with French Generals to better the level of cooperation between France and Britain.

After the War ended, much of George's affairs before his resignation were focused on post-war reparation. During the Paris Peace Conference, Lloyd George tried to stand in the middle of Woodrow Wilson and George Clemenceau. However, as the conference went on, he leaned towards Clemenceau's stance of making Germany suffer. For the time he was in office as Prime Minister, he could only gain from the treaty. Overall, David Lloyd George's impact on western society was felt both immediately after World War I, and had its long-term effects in the creation of the welfare state.

Also, may I ask, what are the banned items for this server?

Accepted, and I thought I had a list of banned items... actually, now that I think about it, I don't think anything besides the mods we disabled has been banned, although a few items have been nerfed a bit. (Nukes have blast radius lowered, nuclear reactors don't leave craters, and dynamite doesn't damage blocks... I think that's it, although I could be forgetting something)

EDIT: I forgot world and dimensional anchors. I think I did something wrong before that let people still use them, but it should be fixed now.

Your In-game Name: Abbasinia

What you like to do on Minecraft (pvping, building, socializing, slaughtering monsters, etc): I really enjoy building and designing large structures and monuments. So I think that's what I'll be doing for the majority of my time.

Your In-game Name - DemolitionDemon

(When you register on our forums, please make your username there the same as this.)

What you like to do on Minecraft (pvping, building, socializing, slaughtering monsters, etc) - All of that good stuff mate, have been an Architect for many Vanilla servers in the way of good looks, however right now loving the additional realism of Tekkit, on one server I was an Architect for it was PvP and PvE, and often played in the PvP side reaping the most benefits possible from Vanilla, I'm easy to get along with, and slaughtering monster, maybe not by hand, but there's nothing I can't build that will slaughter them for me.

Which number has a larger positive value, -1500 or 1000? 1000

[Optional] An essay of any length on your favorite historical figure

Will likely add in one later, but don't have the time now.

Your In-Game Name - Lupa93

What I like doing on MC is mostly Mining, building and destroying Creepers :P However I enjoy all aspects of the game and look foward to playing with other people on a Tekkit server, as i have only been playing by myself and with a mate on a local server with Tekkit.

Higher positive value being 1000 :)

Your In-game name- attackazack

What do you like to do in Minecraft?: Me and my friend Katzzzz (she is also applying) enjoy building interesting things and finding efficient ways to produce things. On our last tekkit server we made a semi automatic bakery, producing bread, cookies, cakes, and coffee, with minimal interaction besides inserting materials.

Which number has a higher positive value?: I've never heard the term "positive value" butt I'm assuming it's 1000 that would make sense. Unless you mean "absolute value", in which case it would be -1500

Your In-game Name: katzzzz

What you like to do on Minecraft (pvping, building, socializing, slaughtering monsters, etc): I like to spend my time making buildings and structures aesthetically pleasing.

Which number has a larger positive value, -1500 or 1000? 1000.

What, again?!? I just brought it back up minutes before I accepted your application!

Hmm... I'll try and figure out what's going on... this may take me a bit.

It might be a disk space issue, judging by the error messages, although that shouldn't be the case since Beastnode has given us 7gb and we were at about 5gb.

I'll try starting the server up again and see how it goes.

Your In-game Name ThePsyDragon

(When you register on our forums, please make your username there the same as this.)

What you like to do on Minecraft (pvping, building, socializing, slaughtering monsters, etc) mining

Which number has a larger positive value, -1500 or 1000? 1000

IP: Reeeep2

I want to build epic tekkitosityness as well as pvp some peeps in arenas that i will make because making arenas are amazingly fun to create, especially parqoreness things :D

Chuck Norris has a larger positive value, why you ask?, no, you don't ask why

I don't really have a favorite person from history, but I do like learning about the civil rights movement in the US

IP: Reeeep2

I want to build epic tekkitosityness as well as pvp some peeps in arenas that i will make because making arenas are amazingly fun to create, especially parqoreness things :D

1000 chuck norris' is more positive than -1500 chuck norrises

I don't really have a favorite person from history, but I do like learning about the civil rights movement in the US

better?

well i ask because i can't craft covelance dust and I can't find anything about it being banned :s

Ok, that's a legitimate question. It's part of Equivalent Exchange (which has been entirely removed for being a completely idiotic mod in general that doesn't deserve the prestige of being in the Tekkit pack - the Tekkit pack would be much better without it, as new versions could be released more quickly if we did not also have to waste effort and time integrating this worthless mod). Don't get me started on Equivalent Exchange.

Also, to all it may concern, I will do my best to completely ignore applications that were done incorrectly.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons