Y u no Mystcraft?

Sasqaucth

Can we please have mystcraft added to tekkit?

you missed the suggestion thread. also, your memes are bad and you should feel bad.

lastly

Also l4n t3h engrish. Meme's are just stupid...

wtf is this shit? you're gonna try and tell someone to learn english but you can't even misspell it properly. there's so many things wrong with this post, I can't even tell you. never do something this stupid again. anywhere. ever.

you're not l33t, get over it.

you missed the suggestion thread. also, your memes are bad and you should feel bad.

lastly

wtf is this shit? you're gonna try and tell someone to learn english but you can't even misspell it properly. there's so many things wrong with this post, I can't even tell you. never do something this stupid again. anywhere. ever.

you're not l33t, get over it.

I had purposely done it like that...

I had purposely done it like that...

yeah, I know. the problem is that you didn't even spell it right in "l33t". l4n would be "lan"not "learn". l34rn, 134rn, 134|2n, and 134|2/\/ would all be acceptable, but you didn't do that.

either way, still a terrible way to try and grammar nazi someone.

yeah, I know. the problem is that you didn't even spell it right in "l33t". l4n would be "lan"not "learn". l34rn, 134rn, 134|2n, and 134|2/\/ would all be acceptable, but you didn't do that.

either way, still a terrible way to try and grammar nazi someone.

I'm still having trouble with having Mr. "I'm too cool for proper capitalization" criticizing another's l33t speak. :D

Mystcraft is quite buggy ATM it just isn't worth it for normal servers.

I might be a difference case after 1.4/API update.

I second this. I tried Mystcraft last night to see what all the noise was about. While it is a pretty cool mod and has some potential there are some glaring issues. For instance I had one age that crashed minecraft every time I tried to go there. Another was so laggy it was unplayable. And the final delete the whole freaking folder moment for me was when minecraft did a hard freeze and after forcing the shutdown and restarting I spawned into solid rock. I go back and dig my stuff out of the rock and I get every last item EXCEPT THE LINKING BOOK HOME. Yes I was stuck in that age with no way back and said screw this and deleted the whole install. Until the mod author makes a way to get back home without the stupid books (why not just spawn a portal or something instead of the retarded linking books) I won't be using that mod.

I had to quit and restart minecraft after 3-4 ages explored because I would get lag spikes even in the overworld.

I really can't see this working for SMP at all unless it is only on a small server with a couple friends and only one age open at a time. I think the book should have to be on a stand and when activated opens a portal that can be used by anyone who wants to go through. Would make exploring on a small server with friends easier. This would kill a large server for sure.

I had to quit and restart minecraft after 3-4 ages explored because I would get lag spikes even in the overworld.

I really can't see this working for SMP at all unless it is only on a small server with a couple friends and only one age open at a time. I think the book should have to be on a stand and when activated opens a portal that can be used by anyone who wants to go through. Would make exploring on a small server with friends easier. This would kill a large server for sure.

This doesn't really make sense, since when you're in the Overworld, none of the Ages are loaded. Thus, they shouldn't effect your performance. It must have been something else that was causing those lagspikes. My world with 50 ages and the one without any have the same performance.

You won't be able to enjoy Mystcraft unless your public server has more than 2-3TB (right I've said it TB not GB) of ram, the way mystcraft is made it create a separate world called age, imagine 10-15 players each in their own world/age and exploring it, the server would never be able to keep up cause it would require him to have all the worlds/ages loaded and kept in memory at all time. Mystcraft is more geared toward SSP gameplay cause when you leave a age/world in ssp, that world is unloaded from your ram since its not needed to be kept loaded, this makes it a really nice mod for SSP, but a really hard one for SMP especially public open servers, you could perhaps deal with 4-5 players (close friends on a private server perhaps) playing smoothly if not exploring all at the same time perhaps, but lets guess what griefers like, making servers lag and destroy everything, so they would create a bunch of ages and have fun traveling to them just to load up the ram of the servers and making it crash.

^ Is there really any difference between chunks loaded here and chunks loaded there, alternate dimension or not? People have ran it fine on smp and I find the real performance hit comes from generating new chunks from people exploring, not chunks being loaded at all.

Lots of people, they are I think 6-8 at the same time on the server and mostly 3-4 of them are in their own age at the same time and they aren't really exploring their age, then we can consider that their server is probably not a cheap one with only 2-4gb of ram normally used by pre-teens and teens. And you can bet there's no griefers there and certainly no players under 18 that just want to make the server lag to hell like on nearly 99% of online public servers.