Gangnam Style

Mageleon3860

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Because it's better than 95% (I'm generous) of the United-Statian mainstream music.

2. Because the lyrics are better than 99,9999% (I'm VERY generous) of those from the United-Statian mainstream music.

3. Because CLIP

4. Because DANCE

5. Because BEAT

6. Because Op-Op-Op-Op-OPPA GANGNAM STYLE *Breaks into a mad cowboy dance*.

saying it annoys you because you don't understand it makes you look like a <REDACTED>

Nothing wrong with that..

1. Because it's better than 95% (I'm generous) of the United-Statian mainstream music.

2. Because the lyrics are better than 99,9999% (I'm VERY generous) of those from the United-Statian mainstream music.

3. Because CLIP

4. Because DANCE

5. Because BEAT

(thumps up)

Nothing wrong with that..

(thumps up)

No, honestly, you don't understand how refreshing the lyrics are if you don't understand him.

A bit of comparison :

Party Rock :

In the club party rock, lookin' for your girl? She on my jock

Ugh

Gangnam Style :

http://www.kpoplyrics.net/psy-gangnam-style-lyrics-english-romanized.html

;D

I mean... No comparison. And don't even get me started on rappers.

Now, I have to go listen to it some.

I agree with op, it's annoying. I found out about it yesterday and it was the biggest waste of five minutes in my life. This might just be because I don't listen to "mainstream" music, but it was just bad. IMO both the dance and beat were stupidly bad. So, I'm not really sure what the big hype about it is.

I agree with op, it's annoying. I found out about it yesterday and it was the biggest waste of five minutes in my life. This might just be because I don't listen to "mainstream" music, but it was just bad. IMO both the dance and beat were stupidly bad. So, I'm not really sure what the big hype about it is.

dude, i'm a pretty hardcore metalhead, and i can listen to that song on repeat for hours

Thank god you don't listen to mainstream music then, it's far worse.

i like the beat and the dancing but the words he say annoy me because i cant understand x-)

75% of the reason I like listening to music in languages that I don't know is exactly that I can't understand the lyrics. generally, lyrics to songs that aren't parodies are absolute crap and/or straight up disgusting to me. often though the beat to said songs is enjoyable though, which annoys me because I like catchy tunes. my solution is to listen to stuff in other languages since the music is equally catchy and I don't have to shoot myself in the face after listening to it, since I didn't understand a word of it.

sometimes I regret watching so much subbed anime though, I can pick out just enough words sometimes to ruin a japanese song every once in a while now. it's just not enjoyable at all if I know that they're singing about wanting be molested or whatever.

75% of the reason I like listening to music in languages that I don't know is exactly that I can't understand the lyrics. generally, lyrics to songs that aren't parodies are absolute crap and/or straight up disgusting to me. often though the beat to said songs is enjoyable though, which annoys me because I like catchy tunes. my solution is to listen to stuff in other languages since the music is equally catchy and I don't have to shoot myself in the face after listening to it, since I didn't understand a word of it.

sometimes I regret watching so much subbed anime though, I can pick out just enough words sometimes to ruin a japanese song every once in a while now. it's just not enjoyable at all if I know that they're singing about wanting be molested or whatever.

Ahem*Rihanna*Ahem.

• Moderators

75% of the reason I like listening to music in languages that I don't know is exactly that I can't understand the lyrics.

Heh, that goes for me too. I enjoy many songs in Eurovision that aren't in english, but I still get attached to them. Here's a few:

Molitva

Opa!

Bistro Voda

I have absolutly no clue of what they sing about and I do not care. I enjoy them and listen to them on my mp3 every day to work.

I fear this "gangnam style" is the latest in night clubs... sigh, I guess I'll just visit the english pub then :(

Ahem*Rihanna*Ahem.

I don't see how Rihanna fits in this discussion. And yes I have heard the stories of her and Chris White

i know what you mean, but you gotta admit, some songs get even cooler. like Chains by back-ON.

Heh, that goes for me too. I enjoy many songs in Eurovision that aren't in english, but I still get attached to them. Here's a few:

Molitva

Opa!

Bistro Voda

I have absolutly no clue of what they sing about and I do not care. I enjoy them and listen to them on my mp3 every day to work.

I fear this "gangnam style" is the latest in night clubs... sigh, I guess I'll just visit the english pub then :(

I don't see how Rihanna fits in this discussion. And yes I have heard the stories of her and Chris White

Well one of her songs is called S&M, that might be what the blob is talking about.

3. Because CLIP

4. Because DANCE

5. Because BEAT

I thought I was the only one who used that term!

I use United-Statesian to refer to people from the U.S.. I'm from Canada, but I could also be called an American as well as a Canadian, considering I hail from the Americas. It's the same as a British person calling themself a European. But again, you could also call United-Statesians Americans, but they could be from any American country, not just the U.S..

Well one of her songs is called S&M, that might be what the blob is talking about.

;) I love being understood.

I don't get it... :( Is it just referring to music from the US? (Canadian, French, Uzbekistani, etc.) Shouldn't it be American?

I'll make an exception and include Bieber in United-Statian music. :D