E=MC2 proven to be wrong?!!

skeptimist71

1. They can, just like skinny people can chubby-bunny.

2. Some Neologist who probably talkeds likes disss.

3. Noah never existed, according to any history book that was created by sane people. (I mean, there is not enough water on Earth to flood the whole planet) Then again, gravity is also just a theory and has not been proven.

The real question: How much can a wood-chuck chuck wood, if a wood-chuck could chuck wood?

Peer review or it didn't happen.

EDIT: if you're talking about the Neutrinos at CERN, that ended up being an equipment error.

As of Sept. 6th 2012 (date of POSTED video....not sure of the date in which it was televised) Stated the discovery/ information data retrieved was tested 15,000 times and every single one came back verifying the data to be accurate. If there is information disputing this, such as equipment error, i simply haven't seen it yet. Either way, i for one believe anything is possible. After all, there was a time in which everyone believed the world to be flat...

As of Sept. 6th 2012 (date of POSTED video....not sure of the date in which it was televised) Stated the discovery/ information data retrieved was tested 15,000 times and every single one came back verifying the data to be accurate. If there is information disputing this, such as equipment error, i simply haven't seen it yet. Either way, i for one believe anything is possible. After all, there was a time in which everyone believed the world to be flat...

Hey check it out, it's that exact video, except a year ago. Your information is out of date.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/8/3072393/speed-of-light-neutrino-mistake-cern

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/22/einstein-was-right-all-along-faster-than-light-neutrino-was-product-of-error/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

Loose cable in the GPS tracking machine, as well as an oversped "clock oscillator", whatever that is.

Please be more diligent with your fact checking if you're gonna post physics stuffs.

3. Noah never existed, according to any history book that was created by sane people. (I mean, there is not enough water on Earth to flood the whole planet) Then again, gravity is also just a theory and has not been proven.

Or (a less provocative answer) is that he knew that they would be an essential species that aids the survival of many different creatures that we, in turn, depend on for our survival (spiders,birds, fish, etc.) and thus are essential to our ecosystem

Hey check it out, it's that exact video, except a year ago. Your information is out of date.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/8/3072393/speed-of-light-neutrino-mistake-cern

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/22/einstein-was-right-all-along-faster-than-light-neutrino-was-product-of-error/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

Loose cable in the GPS tracking machine, as well as an oversped "clock oscillator", whatever that is.

Please be more diligent with your fact checking if you're gonna post physics stuffs.

This thread was never intended to be about the theory of Relativity.....rather "irrelevance"...hence the stupid questions. Yet, rather enlightening in the end. The only answer needed to end this thread was.....I'll believe ya when me shat turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

This thread was never intended to be about the theory of Relativity.....rather "irrelevance"...hence the stupid questions. Yet, rather enlightening in the end. The only answer needed to end this thread was.....I'll believe ya when me shat turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Except that that isn't how scientific discourse works. You said something about e=mc^2 being proven false, and cited a video. I then cited a video and a handful of articles explaining why your citation wasn't accurate. Science isn't about "believe" or "not believe", it's about what you can demonstrate.

Also, threads in "off topic" rarely go the way you want them to.

Except that that isn't how scientific discourse works. You said something about e=mc^2 being proven false, and cited a video. I then cited a video and a handful of articles explaining why your citation wasn't accurate. Science isn't about "believe" or "not believe", it's about what you can demonstrate.

Also, threads in "off topic" rarely go the way you want them to.

The articles were a good read. And as i stated prior, if there was evidence of falsity i was simply unaware. i didn't research due to the reasoning that i never intended to discuss relativity. But i do thank you for your posts, i learned something of great value that turns out to be more relative than not. Cheers!

i never intended to discuss relativity

Then why did you make a post, to inform us? If it had a hint of truth most people would have already have heard of it almost a month later

As for anything moving faster than light, there are particles that approach it and time actually slows down for them so not to break the world.

Or (a less provocative answer) is that he knew that they would be an essential species that aids the survival of many different creatures that we, in turn, depend on for our survival (spiders,birds, fish, etc.) and thus are essential to our ecosystem

Or, you know, Noah didn't house animals that could fly or swim on his boats. Anything that had a chance to survive outside was left to fend for itself. Maybe those mosquitoes were just eggs in the water at the time.

Anyways, enough on Biblical history - what's all this I hear about the Theory of Relativity being wrong? Aside from Jay?'s sources, I would think that it would cause a much, much bigger stir at least in the scientific community if not the mainstream media if it were true.

Besides, I need this theory. Otherwise telling anyone if they look good in a certain outfit would be lying - I can always say, "You're right" thanks to this theory!

ie. "I love this Top 20 (Our show choir) outfit this year! I really think it flatters me!"

"You're right, it does!"

S/he can't be wrong, thanks to the fact that they perceive that they look good. ;D

The articles were a good read. And as i stated prior, if there was evidence of falsity i was simply unaware. i didn't research due to the reasoning that i never intended to discuss relativity. But i do thank you for your posts, i learned something of great value that turns out to be more relative than not. Cheers!

You mean you stayed ignorant because you couldn't be bothered to fact check, and you never intended to discuss something you decided to post a thread about. I am very very unimpressed.

You mean you stayed ignorant because you couldn't be bothered to fact check, and you never intended to discuss something you decided to post a thread about. I am very very unimpressed.

*gasp* you have displeased lord cheapshot! this might not end very well for you...