[3.1.2] Verve [PvE][20 Slots][Whitelist] The 24/7 Vanilla Tekkit server you have been waiting for...

Frequenter

"scant" means it's too short, you're not telling him enough about yourself and how you'll fit into the community.

Ah, I was not familiar with that term. For some reason I assumed it was similar to "sketchy."

Your In Game Name: Tunnen

Your Age: 32

How often are you planning on playing: A few hours every night or so, with longer sessions on weekends.

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: There isn't anything in particular, but I have made a few fairly complex redstone system in vanilla. I'm new to Tekkit, so I haven't really built anything impressive within it yet.

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: I'm hoping to find a great community to participate in, to socialize and to see what others build. I'm hoping to figure out some of the Red Power and Computer stuff to see what kinds of new overly complicated systems I can make.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: I was looking for a whitelist server which looked well organized, catering to a mature crowd and also not limiting/disabling most items. Out of the servers I have browsed on this forum, this appears to be one of the better organized. It also has most of the addons enabled which will allow me to play with all the various features The ones you have disabled, appear to be for good reason from what I've read of the wiki). I'm new to joining a more public Minecraft server (One not run by myself nor my friends) but this looks like it's setup in a well organized way that will hopefully keep out more of the griefers that I have heard so many horror stories about.

Additional Comments: Hopefully this is post is a little more acceptable. I'm really bad with applications =P

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your In Game Name: CrookUnicorn

Your Age: 15

How often are you planning on playing: Maybe 3 Hours A Day Minimum?

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: Probably A Jedi Temple.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: I Think Its A Server For Me Because I Love Tekkit And Am Sick Of Getting Raided On Stupid Public Servers With Factions And Stuff.

Additional Comments: Hope You Can Consider My Application :)

This server is really cool. I was dreading starting a new server again, it can take quite a while to establish yourself again in tekkit from zero... but twice people helped me significantly with start up stuff so I didn't have as much of a hassle with it. One of those two, the guy flew around in the nether with me to find me a nether fortress which allowed me to collect blaze rods, nether wart, and nether brick stairs, blocks, and fences. He spent about half an hour of his time helping me just for the sake of helping.

I don't think I've ever played on a server before that has had less lag than verve; it helps that I'm close to the place the server is located, but it's also not one of those servers that's running a 40 player slot on a machine that really can only handle 15 players at a time.

The only down side: I encountered a glitch that caused 10 creepers to spawn in about a 10x10 room that I have all my machines in. I'm really not sure how that happened, but because creeper explosions don't destroy buildings on this server it was more funny and amusing than a real hassle, although they did manage to kill me once. So watch out for literal crowds of creepers in inappropriate places, but otherwise you should find this server pretty awesome! :0)

This server is really cool. I was dreading starting a new server again, it can take quite a while to establish yourself again in tekkit from zero... but twice people helped me significantly with start up stuff so I didn't have as much of a hassle with it. One of those two, the guy flew around in the nether with me to find me a nether fortress which allowed me to collect blaze rods, nether wart, and nether brick stairs, blocks, and fences. He spent about half an hour of his time helping me just for the sake of helping.

I don't think I've ever played on a server before that has had less lag than verve; it helps that I'm close to the place the server is located, but it's also not one of those servers that's running a 40 player slot on a machine that really can only handle 15 players at a time.

The only down side: I encountered a glitch that caused 10 creepers to spawn in about a 10x10 room that I have all my machines in. I'm really not sure how that happened, but because creeper explosions don't destroy buildings on this server it was more funny and amusing than a real hassle, although they did manage to kill me once. So watch out for literal crowds of creepers in inappropriate places, but otherwise you should find this server pretty awesome! :0)

Thanks for the vouch of confidence Swiftspear! We've also fixed up the mob spawning problem. Should be all better.

Your In Game Name: Reolin

Your Age: 32

How often are you planning on playing: Time is difficult for me, so I really have no set schedule. But I do try to get at least an hour+ 2-3 days a week, or more if possible.

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: I'm new to Tekkit, so I haven't had much experience with the items available. But prior, I built a whole town carved into a mountain. Or there was the Japanese style temple atop the highest peak I could find, with a bridge pathing up to it.

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: Looking for a solid community that is highly active. And learn more about how Tekkit actually works, seeing the designs and structures of others can really help in this.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: In the past, I mostly would play with my friends on our own private servers, but people would stop showing up and playing alone gets a little boring. So looking for a highly populated whitelist server, while learning the ins and outs of Tekkit would be fun. Also being able to see the awesome things others come up with, this game never ceases to amaze me with the creativity of others.

Additional Comments: I'm a RL friend of Tunnen, he mentioned this server to me. Also, I enjoy building hidden/secret areas to almost everything I make.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Your In Game Name: Quadet

Your Age: 16

How often are you planning on playing: I generally have around 2-3 hours a day during the week and a bit longer on weekend days, three out of five weekdays I have some responsibilities such volunteering but I still will be able to get on later in the night providing any major assignments aren't due. That being said, I am fairly sporadic in how I play, some days working on something for hours and other days not having any time at all.

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: I've been playing minecraft in general since beta, I'm proud to say and I can't for the life of me beat my very first world. I was so enchanted with the concept after watching the game in depth for the first time via yogscast that I spent more hours than I spend oftentimes completing a video game. My main build consisted of a medieval styled town in a perfect mountain biome I came across, focused around an nordic theme, since this was done in vanilla I couldn't get all of the resources I desired such as mossy cobblestone and the double chest full of wool took more time than building the town itself.

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: I'm fairly new to tekkit and of course I've gotten the basic experience playing vanilla through the launcher but I've decided to take it to the next level, looking through the server list I saw one that's unrestricted, looks great and doesn't require a whole hoarde of plugin learning and a giant spam chat like some of the 250 slot vanilla servers I've been in.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: I'm applying to this server to experience tekkit in a social manner, I love watching the yogscast's series, especially tekkit with duncan (however staged they may be) and I haven't been able to convince my friends to try it, so a small server which according to the comments seems lovely and helpful and most importantly easy to adjust to would be wonderful. Any server will hopefully allow me to learn and enjoy the mod pack more :)

Additional Comments: I'm a little more literate with time to get my thoughts out than I am liveblogging in game. That may consist of random rages, oh boy am I terrified of spiders. I know I'm a bit under the age limit but in the case that you do have space, I would love to be a part of this server :3 Note: I am a little inexperienced with tekkit, I am fully capable of using EE and I have learned parts of buildcraft and industrialcraft, and also this would be my first server in a while so I'll be a little bit slow, hehe. Sorry for the really long application, but really if you're looking only for older players I completely understand, I looked a few pages back and thought I might try my hand, I know its getting busy.

Your In Game Name: Fireshocksaga

Your Age: 27

How often are you planning on playing: Daily for multiple hours

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: I once built an entire port town complete with a clocktower, lighthouse, over 20 large homes, shops, smithy, cathedral and sewer system. Sadly I never fully completed the project as the server it was built on went down. My hope is to someday give it another go.

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: I'm wanting to build a nice industrial complex at some point.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: FREEDOM! Very little restrictions and lots of space from what I can see. I like to think big and build big when I can. That's what's appealing to me most about the server.

Additional Comments: I do have a mic along with skype, ventrillo, steam and Teamspeak. I am, however, usually on Teamspeak with my friends when I play so I may not always be open for conversation unless they join as well.

Your In Game Name: McJunkin

Your Age: 18

How often are you planning on playing: ~5 days a week/A few hours a day.

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: I've been playing Tekkit for a while, but I haven't built too many incredible things, so this question fits me more. I hope to achieve some cool buildings on this server.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: Because I love playing Tekkit, but the last 5 or so servers I have tried have ended up being terribly managed, or to laggy to play on.

Additional Comments: I'm pretty decent with all the mods, and I have a mic with Skype/Teamspeak if need be.

Your In Game Name: Goobber2800

Your Age: 20

How often are you planning on playing: at least an hour a day

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve:

I plan to learn more about tekkit than i already know

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: Tekkit is a very cool new way to play minecraft and i think this server looks amazing especially with the walls map

Your In Game Name: strikerjd1

How often are you planning on playing: depends how long of a session i play on tekkit. i could play for hours if i love the server :)

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building:

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: i hope i will learn more of tekkit and get help from people on the server if i am confused.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you:

Additional Comments: i love servers that are about there community and this server sounds great for me! :D

Your In Game Name: noahwhygodwhy

How often are you planning on playing: Everyday, for a couple hours.

For experienced players, the structure you are most proud of building: Completely automated solar panel factory/email system using computercraft

For new players, what are you hoping to achieve on Verve: I'm hoping to help and teach anyone who asks for assistance.

For everyone, why do you think Verve is the server for you: I would love to join a server where there's no greifing, a server that's dedicated and that doesn't have a map that resets every few weeks, a place to both teach, and learn about the various mods in tekkit, while at the same time building epic structures.

Additional Comments: Just if you need it: http://whitelist.mcf.li/check/result/d16983d592b05656194de094b4511d17e66ab0b3 Not much else to say, Hope i get accepted!

Down for maintenance. Shouldn't be more than 30 minutes. EDIT: Back up in no time!

I was getting reports that players were experiencing some lag, that should no longer be the case. We were trialling a new plugin, but it seems it was not coded well enough, and leaking issues throughout. Current server status is as snappy as ever!

Reolin, Added! Quadet, Fireshocksaga also added.

Plenty of good applications above, I'm going to add these three right now, and come back and get some more of you soon. The best part about this server is the community, so we like to add people to the community slowly. Sorry if you guys are hanging out and waiting, I promise I'll come get some of you within the next day or so.

Freq, when i try to join the server i get a failed to verify username error any idea what going on?

This is usually caused by Mojang fiddling around with their authentication servers. Try login to their website, to make sure your password is working etc (although this should be fine if you are able to get into MC through the technic launcher). Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait it out Youriyo :-(

EDIT: I am getting this error too. Players who are currently in game are fine, but players attempting to join will need to wait for Mojang to finish whatever they are working on.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons