FTB: feed the beast: tekkit ripoff =(

Aphestus00

okay, so all the rage has been transmitting to this new terrible little laggy, buggy, stupid, small, ripoffy mod called ftb. and as you can guess. I DESPISE THIS. I played it for 5 minutes and was tearing my hair own that my boss cpu was killing itself with 5 fps! servers have NO protection plugins and are really bad and the launcher is unnecisarry and complicated. Tekkit is so much better.

Why is all this?

This is because it's 1.4.2. That's it. tekkit has more mods and better mods. it's just that the mod creators saw a ftb coming out and it was getting a few thousand views on some websites and went to them. Tekkit has such a high expectation. COME ON TEKKIT. I can not express enough that ftb is the WORST mod i have ever tried. a .jar launcher, messy file creation. laggy. and an annoying little log that is always beeping away in the corner of your screen. All we tekkit players have to do is get people to realise, it's not good! there aren't even any texture packs for it! their version of EE hasn't even got the heart of tekkit and what makes it so fun! the collectors, condensers and relays. I had my heart set on a 1.4.2 tekkit that would have EVERYTHING in tekkit + more. and i killed myself laughing. all the people sucked in by this short lasting craze will soon turn back and see that half of the mods put into it are the same thin turned over and over again in a mass of pages. it only has 35, technic, 56! all of the comments on my favourite tekkit let's player (davechaos) are, REPLACE THIS WITH TEKKIT, THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER, i just want to get my point through. So tekkit, i hope you appreciated me spending my time creating an account to say that you are so much better and you can make it 1.4.2. i know you can.

---------------------------------------------Aphestus00------------------------------------------------------

Erm...so basically you made a huge word wall to say that you prefer Tekkit to another modpack which is really similar, because you prefer how Tekkit looks and like something which probably won't be in the next Tekkit either(Condensers). Uhh... Would it not have been easier to just say it like that?

Don't worry, the reason that Tekkit isn't updated yet is because it has more mods. We're just waiting for them to be updated now.

Enter mob of FTB fans raging that we have no permissions even though we do. Just leave it people, it's his opinion and his choice to prefer Tekkit. Can we please not turn this into another of those threads of people giving the exact same reasons in every post about FTB vs Technic? Pwease?

okay, so all the rage has been transmitting to this new terrible little laggy, buggy, stupid, small, ripoffy mod called ftb.

FTB has been in the works for a while, and calling it a ripoff is like calling a movie a rip off because someone already made a movie.

and as you can guess. I DESPISE THIS. I played it for 5 minutes and was tearing my hair own that my boss cpu was killing itself with 5 fps! servers have NO protection plugins and are really bad and the launcher is unnecisarry and complicated. Tekkit is so much better.

Minecraft (due to its coding) can reduce even the most high end computer to rubble. Also, seeing as it was just released, servers have not had much time to install plugins (many of which have not yet updated)

Why is all this?

This is because it's 1.4.2. That's it.

Tekkit/Technic has been released for 1.4.2

tekkit has more mods and better mods. it's just that the mod creators saw a ftb coming out and it was getting a few thousand views on some websites and went to them.

Tekkit still runs on Minecraft 1.2.5 (as the main version) and as such, all of the mods are updated. The major mods FTB have not yet been updated. Also, Quantity =/= Quality

Tekkit has such a high expectation. COME ON TEKKIT. I can not express enough that ftb is the WORST mod i have ever tried. a .jar launcher, messy file creation. laggy. and an annoying little log that is always beeping away in the corner of your screen.

Tekkit/Technic also has a .jar launcher and the FTB team have release an exe launcher. The file creation is fine and you can minimize the log.

All we tekkit players have to do is get people to realise, it's not good! there aren't even any texture packs for it!

It just came out, how would there be tons of texture pack for it (and there actually are as many of the packs that work with Tekkit will work for most of the mods in FTB)

their version of EE hasn't even got the heart of tekkit and what makes it so fun! the collectors, condensers and relays.

When Technic/Tekkit is updated, condesors, relays, red matter, etc. will be gone, just like in FTB.

I had my heart set on a 1.4.2 tekkit that would have EVERYTHING in tekkit + more.

Quantity =/= Quality

and i killed myself laughing.

sounds painful

all the people sucked in by this short lasting craze will soon turn back and see that half of the mods put into it are the same thin turned over and over again in a mass of pages.

It is a mod pack... Of course the mods are the same THEY ARE THE SAME MODS.

it only has 35, technic, 56!

Quality =/= Quantity

all of the comments on my favourite tekkit let's player (davechaos) are, REPLACE THIS WITH TEKKIT, THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER, i just want to get my point through. So tekkit, i hope you appreciated me spending my time creating an account to say that you are so much better and you can make it 1.4.2. i know you can.

I don't see all of these comments you are talking about

I think you should probably note here, Asphestus, that not everybody who enjoys Tekkit hates FTB. There have been quite a few arguments, but the general agreement is that it's not worth fighting over. They use pretty much the same mods, but who cares? That's not exactly going to stop anyone. You have your opinion, everyone else has theirs. Don't expect everyone to hate all other modpacks just because they play Tekkit, you won't get very far.

may i say. this is MY opinion. not yours. plus. all my facts are true and tested.

all 0 facts that you used in your post? obviously they are true and tested.

listen guy, no matter what you think about FTB, posting here and trying to stir shit up about it doesn't help. blind hate like this is what has caused the whole "technic is the devil" mess that has happened on the MCF and in the comment sections of countless youtube videos. I hate to break it to you but technic/tekkit for 1.4.2 will not be the same as technic/tekkit for 1.2.5. EE3 does not have condensers, collectors, and many other things that EE2 had. hell, right now EE3 barely has anything at all.

is FTB similar? sure. is it the same? absolutely not. there are mods they have that the 1.4.2 technic dev build does not, for instance. there are some mods in the technic dev build that FTB doesn't have as well. it's great that you like tekkit, but this isn't an "us vs them" kind of thing and your enjoyment of tekkit has no bearing on the quality of FTB. so cool your jets and play tekkit if that's what you like doing. nothing is stopping you.

lastly, don't sign your posts.

all 0 facts that you used in your post? obviously they are true and tested.

listen guy, no matter what you think about FTB, posting here and trying to stir shit up about it doesn't help. blind hate like this is what has caused the whole "technic is the devil" mess that has happened on the MCF and in the comment sections of countless youtube videos. I hate to break it to you but technic/tekkit for 1.4.2 will not be the same as technic/tekkit for 1.2.5. EE3 does not have condensers, collectors, and many other things that EE2 had. hell, right now EE3 barely has anything at all.

is FTB similar? sure. is it the same? absolutely not. there are mods they have that the 1.4.2 technic dev build does not, for instance. there are some mods in the technic dev build that FTB doesn't have as well. it's great that you like tekkit, but this isn't an "us vs them" kind of thing and your enjoyment of tekkit has no bearing on the quality of FTB. so cool your jets and play tekkit if that's what you like doing. nothing is stopping you.

lastly, don't sign your posts.

Best post ever. I wish someone like you could post that on every "technic is the devil" or "DNS sucks" thread.

may i say. this is MY opinion. not yours. plus. all my facts are true and tested.

This, in the context of this thread, made me giggle in the most honest way. I wish to thank you for those seconds of hilarity. Proceed onto shitstorming until you catch parva infantem rosea.

this may be only my opinoin but amco plaeys dont care that much about ftb or tekkit (i play all 3 plus vanilla minecraft) and the ftb "mod" its not a mod its a mod pack witch means many mods ee 3 will eventually surpas ee 2 but that probaly wont be until minecraft 1.5 or 1.6 and thats probaly goin to be in 2013 so just wait for the new things that ee 3 will bring but it probaly wont be anything like ee2 today you should also remeber that ftb has been around for a long time (not as long as technic or amco though)i would also love to go threw all the faults of your statement but im in a hurry to finish building multiple keeps (each one involse a diffrent modpack) so this is me signing off good day

this may be only my opinoin but amco plaeys dont care that much about ftb or tekkit (i play all 3 plus vanilla minecraft) and the ftb "mod" its not a mod its a mod pack witch means many mods ee 3 will eventually surpas ee 2 but that probaly wont be until minecraft 1.5 or 1.6 and thats probaly goin to be in 2013 so just wait for the new things that ee 3 will bring but it probaly wont be anything like ee2 today you should also remeber that ftb has been around for a long time (not as long as technic or amco though)i would also love to go threw all the faults of your statement but im in a hurry to finish building multiple keeps (each one involse a diffrent modpack) so this is me signing off good day

WTF?! What... I don't even... What?

Without the spaces that would be the perfect textual representation of a squirrel on caffeine.

thismaybeonlymyopinoinbutamcoplaeysdontcarethatmuchaboutftbortekkit(iplayall3plusvanillaminecraft)andtheftb"mod"itsnotamoditsamodpackwitchmeansmanymodsee3willeventuallysurpasee2butthatprobalywontbeuntilminecraft1.5or1.6andthatsprobalygointobein2013sojustwaitforthenew thingsthatee3willbringbutitprobalywontbeanythinglikeee2todayyou shouldalsoremeberthatftbhasbeenaroundforalongtime(notaslongastechnicoramcothough)iwouldalsolovetogothrewallthefaultsofyourstatemenbutiminahurrytofinishbuildingmultiplekees(eachoneinvolseadiffrentmodpack)sothisis mesigningoffgoodday

Your welcome.

I mainly play FTB now. I love tekkit but its still 1.2.5 with many mods that have been updated 5 times over now. FTB is 1.4.2 (OMGZ CARROTZ!) has all the mods that tekkit (excluding RP2 and EE) and they are updated. Mod-wise FTB is superior atm. Even if it doesnt have bukkit vanilla server commands still work.