Favourite Type of Game

warlordmaster

Have you ever tried branching into Turn Based strategy? there are actually a lot of fun games in that genre.

FrontMission4, Fire Emblem (the best ones seem to be for the GBA)

And, of course, Chess.

I tend to go for RPGs, though.

I'm still searching for the perfect FPS. Problem is, there's so damn many subgenres.

ArmaII is an awesome game... modded. The base game is still relatively buggy and doesn't have much going for it. Get ACE2, and things get funky.

Planetside 2 is shaping up to be frakking amazing, despite the swathes of PS1 vets turning up to complain. Currently it is actually far too balanced, but we'll see.

CoDBlOps2 is by far the best in the series. Treyarch were always good at throwing spanners in the works. Although I must admit, it's a marmite kinda thing.

Tribes Ascend nail'd it, but I don't have the urge to play it enough. Could be as simple as the art style, I dunno.

Have you ever tried branching into Turn Based strategy? there are actually a lot of fun games in that genre.

FrontMission4, Fire Emblem (the best ones seem to be for the GBA)

And, of course, Chess.

I tend to go for RPGs, though.

What about Civ? They really nailed the V, I love it, and the modding community is amazing over there, even though the base game stands very well on its own self.

What about Civ? They really nailed the V, I love it, and the modding community is amazing over there, even though the base game stands very well on its own self.

Civ is pretty great, but i like character driven plot, and military victories. I don't generally like playing civ, because i always seem to end up with a situation where i have a much more powerful military force, but i lost because the opposition built a billion art museums and statues and other artsy fartsy crap, and won a "cultural victory"

Civ is pretty great, but i like character driven plot, and military victories. I don't generally like playing civ, because i always seem to end up with a situation where i have a much more powerful military force, but i lost because the opposition built a billion art museums and statues and other artsy fartsy crap, and won a "cultural victory"

Well, from this resume of the situation, I'd say it's your fault for not using this superiority. I'm presently doing the "One-City Challenge" on Emperor (Didn't dare any higher for that), and it's so good having a metropolis outnumbering your enemies empires. I'm almost as big as Tokyo now!

Well, from this resume of the situation, I'd say it's your fault for not using this superiority. I'm presently doing the "One-City Challenge" on Emperor (Didn't dare any higher for that), and it's so good having a metropolis outnumbering your enemies empires. I'm almost as big as Tokyo now!

I just prefer military strategy, as opposed to complete civilization-style strategy.

Eh, but then you got so many different flavours.

I myself love games like the Total Annihilation-a-likes, and I also dig Real Time Tactics; World In Conflict et al.

I hate Starcraft though. Strategy my arse.

Starcraft was okay if you played the campaign and ignored the multiplayer. I really did enjoy the story.

I just got my ass stuck about halfway through Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. the fucking hawk people keep finding a hole in my defensive lines and killing someone important.

I personally like the basic fight to the death strategy games such as AOE and EE(Although EE3 was a but of a letdown). Sins Of A Solar Empire has got to be my favourite space orientated game, anyone else played that one?

I personally like the basic fight to the death strategy games such as AOE and EE(Although EE3 was a but of a letdown). Sins Of A Solar Empire has got to be my favourite space orientated game, anyone else played that one?

I play it a lot. The balance has gone way downhill though. One of the Vasari vactions has the abillity to move its starbases between gravity wells. It's like having a ton of extra titans.

I love it because space.

But I wish there was more micromanagement. Capital ships are pretty neat. And I love zooming right in behind a bomber and pretending I'm flying it >D

What's the new expansion like? I got Trinity a while ago thinking I'd be sorted, but apparently not...

The balance got thrown further off. Superweapons were finally balanced, but they added in a bunch of ridiculous super-ships, and those goddamn vasari starbases.

Corvettes are in though, and they're pretty neat if you know how to use them

Rebellion is pretty amazing, although I do get the feel that they could have added more for a new game. Imagine Trinity with more tech, more ships and big-ass titans which pretty much dwarf the planets they conquer. The additions to the tech tree and diplomacy menu are particularly impressive, because they literally had to double the amount of tech branches to support the technology, and there are some awesome new options in Diplomacy. The Rebel/Loyalist thing works nicely too, since instead of just the civilisation you like most, you now get perks and disadvantages as well as team exclusive research and units.

All in all, I think Rebellion was worth getting, especially since I got it on offer ;)

Definitely open world sandbox and RPG games, pretty much any Bethesda or Rockstar game.

Love me some Skyrim, Fallout NV, GTA SA, GTA IV and Minecraft.

I also like things like Farming Simulator and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

*ahem*

Just the single best video on youtube.

RPG reigns supreme for me followed by TBS, RTS, open world sandbox, music based, and then shooters.

Examples are Skyrim (RPG), Chrono Trigger (TBS), Star Craft (RTS), any GTA ever (open world sandbox), Rockband (obvious), and Battlefield 2: Bad Company (shooter).

It gets even better if some of them get mixed, as they often do, and make interesting combinations of genres.

RPG reigns supreme for me followed by TBS, RTS, open world sandbox, music based, and then shooters.

Examples are Skyrim (RPG), Chrono Trigger (TBS), Star Craft (RTS), any GTA ever (open world sandbox), Rockband (obvious), and Battlefield 2: Bad Company (shooter).

It gets even better if some of them get mixed, as they often do, and make interesting combinations of genres.

If you're interested in music based games, I would definitely tell you to give a look to Audiosurf. The fact that you can play any soundtrack there is on your computer is pretty awesome.