Any ideas for things to build when next RedPower2 comes out?

TempestChair

I'm looking forward to the windmills. Also hoping the BASIC Boot Disk add-on is included as well. While I think FORTH is fine for minecraft, BASIC is still used in the industry whereas FORTH is very uncommon, so in my opinion it is better to encourage students to learn BASIC rather than FORTH.

Basic sorting systems will be heaps easier now. You just hook up a manager to your chest, put 1 stack of each item you want in it, and the manager will continually refill the chest with whatever you take out from wherever else in your network. Gonna be sweet.

This sounds like redpower logistics...

*drools at the thought*

Now that Eloraam has pushed RedPower to 1.4.5, we've got lots of time to think about the next RP2 update. Anyone have interesting ideas for machines they are going to build in when RP2 is out?

I am unfamiliar with how Technic plans it updates but... if RedPower goes to 1.4.5 does that mean Technic will have to wait until the other mods. can get there too? I assume that technic uses 1.2.5 because the other mods. are just not updated.

I am unfamiliar with how Technic plans it updates but... if RedPower goes to 1.4.5 does that mean Technic will have to wait until the other mods. can get there too? I assume that technic uses 1.2.5 because the other mods. are just not updated.

Most big mods already did the step from 1.2.5 to 1.3.x and further. IMHO the present dependency chain is way to long (Vanilla->Bukkit->ForgeBukkit->MCPC) and takes way to much back and forward porting. My hope is Forge introduces all API necessary to run the important management mods making the process much shorter and lesser problematic. On the other hand I have low hope for the "upcoming" vanilla mod api to be anywhere near the possibilities of forge nowadays.

That would be correct from my experience but thankfully it appears the port from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 is a easy one.

That would be correct from my experience but thankfully it appears the port from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 is a easy one.

Forum: please don't crucify me for saying this. I am not in a rush to upgrade to 1.4.x I mean really... technic if you look past the occasional crashes and bugs overall it seems fine to me as it is. I am actually annoyed that the SP and MP are getting merged. I don't know why the MC dev. team wants me to jump for joy because my computer has to run twice as hard.

Emyi: