Why Steam is so Awesome

ngamer2001

Some people say to me, OMG why do you have steam? Well I'm here to tell all of you like this why it's useful. You can download curtain games for free (Team Fortress 2, Planetside), You can get demos for free, programs (source filmmaker) for free. Games can have sales that stores don't have. You can gift games to your friends that can't get them. Best of all, store free. You don't need to drive to gamestop anymore. Now if the rest of you steam haters are done hating get steam and start having real fun.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people say to me, OMG why do you have steam? Well I'm here to tell all of you like this why it's useful. You can download curtain games for free (Team Fortress 2, Planetside), You can get demos for free, programs (source filmmaker) for free. Games can have sales that stores don't have. You can gift games to your friends that can't get them. Best of all, store free. You don't need to drive to gamestop anymore. Now if the rest of you steam haters are done hating get steam and start having real fun.

what is this? is this supposed to be some kind of flame bait? are you trying to troll somehow? I don't get it.

• Moderators

I have a friend who would want to play skyrim, but refuses to because of steam.

It's mostly because of the form you need to fill: your name, your adress, your country, colour of your mobile phone and your blood type.

Other than that, I don't know if I hate steam. Mount Blade uses it, so I use steam. Skyrim uses it, so I use steam. It's quite simple really.

I wanted to play TF2, got steam, and saw all of the awesome games. And really, without torrenting things, would you really be able to get games as cheap (from one place that is)? Btw did anyone else take advantage of the autumn sales on it. Civ 5 for £5. If I hadn't have torrented it, I would have bought it straight away.

I didn't buy anything myself, but a couple friends ended up gifting me stuff because of it. civ V (and all dlc) and castle crashers, to be specific. I enjoy steam quite a bit, personally.

Haven't bothered to get Gods and Kings yet. Is it any good? I would mostly buy it for mod compatibility anyway, but...

Haven't bothered to get Gods and Kings yet. Is it any good? I would mostly buy it for mod compatibility anyway, but...

I don't know, I never played the game without it. I have heard that it changed combat significantly, apparently for the better. I guess it's harder to just get unlucky and be owned? that's what I am told anyway.

Steam is a pretty easy way to talk while gaming etc, its useful for lans across the house while running minecraft or even talking to someone OS for free..

Oh and yeah, strongly advise gods and kings, does change game play quite a bit, personally I think it good ways, not that Civ has ever been bad..

Btw did anyone else take advantage of the autumn sales on it?

Hell yeah I did. Farming Simulator 2013.

...not that Civ has ever been bad..

Personally, I think 4th was horrible, and the Vth was just sort of an improvement of IV. Civ 3 was the best Civ IMO. V is still good though.

Hell yeah I did. Farming Simulator 2013.

Personally, I think 4th was horrible, and the Vth was just sort of an improvement of IV. Civ 3 was the best Civ IMO. V is still good though.

Eh, the tastes are in the nature. Sadly enough, I played the II and I then skipped directly to the IV, without trying the third. I do find the fifth really good though.

I just bought the humble bundle, another 6 games ill probably never play! (I didn't play the other humble bundle I bought either(cept for Amnesia))

I'll give them all a fair shake. If even one of them is remotely worth playing, i'll have gotten my moneys worth, and then some.

I'll give them all a fair shake. If even one of them is remotely worth playing, i'll have gotten my moneys worth, and then some.

darksiders is worth it on its own. the controls without a 360 pad are pretty clunky, but you can make it manageable with a fancy mouse or something.

Just saying... do you not understand English?

I imagine you shaking your fist at the empty sky, yelling "take that, haters!" and then wondering why everyone around looks at you funny.

darksiders is worth it on its own. the controls without a 360 pad are pretty clunky, but you can make it manageable with a fancy mouse or something.

I imagine you shaking your fist at the empty sky, yelling "take that, haters!" and then wondering why everyone around looks at you funny.

Why would i do that... I think I have the right of free speech am i right? or am I right?

Why would i do that... I think I have the right of free speech am i right? or am I right?

Freedom of speech only refers to your right to say things without the government censoring you. It doesn't prevent people from criticizing you when you post something dumb.