I think I summed up Minecraft modpacks quite well

Silent

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technic steels mods and is only version 1.2.5 of minecraft because there are lazy people working on it. You know how there use to be forestry in technic will it was removed because the forestry guy made it so that every thing blew up when you used it so they couldn't put it in the mod pack. FTB people know the modders and have all there permissions to use the mods. :)

Kakermix, stop being lazy and start working on Technic!!!!!!

Kakermix, stop being lazy and start working on Technic!!!!!!

Haha, I like that "Blew stuff up" bit from that quote since all it really did was just broke the bees, which just does not have the some effect as base wrecking explosions. In the long run might have did a massive number on the ecosystem though.

Haha, I like that "Blew stuff up" bit from that quote since all it really did was just broke the bees, which just does not have the some effect as base wrecking explosions. In the long run might have did a massive number on the ecosystem though.

I never actually encountered the 'exploding bees' when I was playing Technic 6. Sad too, I would have liked them. :(

I never actually encountered the 'exploding bees' when I was playing Technic 6. Sad too, I would have liked them. :(

Not even that. If I recall correctly it disabled special drone types and queen breeding or something like that. No where near as climatic as people recall. Only apiarist were totally devastated.

The attack code was only in one or 2 versions of forestry between 1.1 and 1.2.4 which were between release versions of technic. So no one beyond those playing with dev versions and adding forestry manually experienced it. If you want to play with it downgrade the vanilla minecraft option in the technic luncher to 1.2.3 and add forestry to it. Which should trigger the attack code for you, just don't be too sad when you see how minor it was.

The attack code was only in one or 2 versions of forestry between 1.1 and 1.2.4 which were between release versions of technic. So no one beyond those playing with dev versions and adding forestry manually experienced it. If you want to play with it downgrade the vanilla minecraft option in the technic luncher to 1.2.3 and add forestry to it. Which should trigger the attack code for you, just don't be too sad when you see how minor it was.

I actually remember finding out about it. I found the bit used to nerf the queen. Didn't live up to the rumors of being attacked by swarms of angry bees, that would have been fun though.

I found the bit used to nerf the queen. Didn't live up to the rumors of being attacked by swarms of angry bees, that would have been fun though.

If the queens stayed working and the swarms of angry bees were added, I would actually try to install it in Technic.

If the queens stayed working and the swarms of angry bees were added, I would actually try to install it in Technic.

Could have made it into a challenge like people playing Serious Sam 3 did with that invincible pink scorpion that followed and attacked the player on pirated copies. (or something like that)

Could have made it into a challenge like people playing Serious Sam 3 did with that invincible pink scorpion that followed and attacked the player on pirated copies. (or something like that)

Yeah, that was it.

Or Earthbound, which would do one of following things: Crash during the final boss and then delete all your saves, pumping up the enemy limit and spawn chances from about 5 enemies to 100, and random NPC's walking up to you, chanting "CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER!".

Yeah, that was it.

Or Earthbound, which would do one of following things: Crash during the final boss and then delete all your saves, pumping up the enemy limit and spawn chances from about 5 enemies to 100, and random NPC's walking up to you, chanting "CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER!".

Yeah some games have some very neat (and evil) DRM. Kinda fun to see how developers like to mess with peoples heads for trying to pirate their game.