RAM Problem

Kelanduo

Question

8 answers to this question

• Moderators

This snipped from the Technic Discord will fix you:

You're running a 32bit Java version on a 64bit Operating System. This will prevent you from allocating more than 1GB of ram to the Technic launcher. In order to update to Java 8 64-Bit, please follow these instructions: 1.) Close the Technic launcher. It should not be running! 2.) Open http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp in your web browser 3.) Download the version that has 64-bit in it for you operating system. If you're using Windows download the one that says Windows Offline (64-Bit). 4.) After the download is complete. You must install it. You can do so by double clicking on the icon to run it. 5.) After it installs start up the Technic launcher again. 6.) Click on Launcher Options in the top right of the screen. 7.) Click on the tab called Java Settings 8.) Click on the dropdown called Minecraft Java Version and select the option that says 1.8_151 64-Bit. 9.) Click the dropdown called Memory and select an option that's between 2 GB and 4 GB. Do not select an option higher than 4 GB!

On 4/20/2018 at 7:31 PM, AetherPirate said:

You're running a 32bit Java version on a 64bit Operating System. This will prevent you from allocating more than 1GB of ram to the Technic launcher. In order to update to Java 8 64-Bit, please follow these instructions: 1.) Close the Technic launcher. It should not be running! 2.) Open http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp in your web browser 3.) Download the version that has 64-bit in it for you operating system. If you're using Windows download the one that says Windows Offline (64-Bit). 4.) After the download is complete. You must install it. You can do so by double clicking on the icon to run it. 5.) After it installs start up the Technic launcher again. 6.) Click on Launcher Options in the top right of the screen. 7.) Click on the tab called Java Settings 8.) Click on the dropdown called Minecraft Java Version and select the option that says 1.8_151 64-Bit. 9.) Click the dropdown called Memory and select an option that's between 2 GB and 4 GB. Do not select an option higher than 4 GB!

dude. i F***ing love you for this! i have had so many issues with this 1 GB crap but it finally works now

Hey,

I saw your answer and yeah i hope you could help me.

I reinstalled the launcher downloadet the 64 bit version of java and so on.

So I have the problem that when i start thr launcher a file named hs_err_pid860 appears on my desktop and i cant do anything.

do you know a solution?

Greetings

On 4/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, AetherPirate said:

This works!!! it has fixed my game and i can play without crashing constantly thank you!

Hey dude, it's 2020, Corona all over the place, my friends and me just wanna play minecrift and i was searching through guides and articles, tutorials etc. to fix the exact problem you just explained, and i just wanna say, im really thankfull for your explanation, i got it fixed, we can now play Tekkit in peace. THANK YOU! Legend!

Edited by FeyFey