Won't install any modpack trying to play with a friend

MrOriginalName

Question

Hello,  I have been using the technic launcher for a long time, and all of a sudden, after updating all of my drivers, and doing an update on windows 10 to the newest one, none of the modpacks are installing. I get a message after each one specifying a certain error. This one for Mythic It says "Error downloading a file for the following pack: Mythic- Magic Modpack. Failed to download http://sleepingtea.xyz/modpacks/Mythic/modpack.zip Please consult the modpack author."   I have tried a multitude of things to fix this issue. In the console is just states the download failed. I am using 8 GB's of memory for it, and my Java is also up to date. I had contacted the author's of many modpacks, but none seem to be able to help me with my issue. I also believed that my firewall was blocking something, so I attempted to use a VPN, but alas the results were the same. When clicking install, it goes anywhere from 0%-80% Then stops. I have checked for further updates on my computer, but came up empty. My CPU is at a steady 26% when attempting to install it. My friend was able to download every single modpack at the same time that I was attempting to with no problems whatsoever. Our specs are the same, and I don't know where else to look. I found an article on these forums from 4 years ago stating the same problem, but it was closed with the following "Contact the modpack author" and nothing more to it. I was hoping someone had the fix for this, because the Technic Launcher is my first pick on modded minecraft, if there is a web browser download for the specific packs (Came up empty when I did the research) Then it'd be possible for me to download it. Thank you for your time. Have a great weekend.

1 answer to this question

12 hours ago, MrOriginalName said:

Hello,  I have been using the technic launcher for a long time, and all of a sudden, after updating all of my drivers, and doing an update on windows 10 to the newest one, none of the modpacks are installing.

A technic launcher log would be nice. Optionally, come over to the Technic discord, (discord.gg/technic), make sure to visit #rules first before heading over to #tech-help.