CONTEST! Solve this kids problem and I will donate 10 dollars to a modder!

rec_diver

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this Raine the owner of sapphire craft has banned all turtles

Just 1 question how do u make monitors work

Use the function peripheral.wrap("right") and have it assign a peripheral to a variable.

-- This is a comment. The compiler will ignore anything on the same line after a double dash.

--The monitor is connected to the top of the computer. Defining this variable here allows us

--to quickly change what side the monitor is actually on if we want to move things around.

--If we didn't do this, we would have to change the side (for example from "right" to "top"

--every single place we typed it in this program.

--if you miss one instance, the computer will yell at you, so it's best to do it like so.

local side = "top"

--A variable used to store the handle returned by the peripheral.wrap() function.

--mon is short for monitor, but you can name this whatever you like as long as it is a valid variable name.

local mon = 0

if peripheral.isPresent(side) and peripheral.getType(side) == "monitor" then

mon = peripheral.wrap(side)

else

print("No monitor detected on the ".. side .." of the computer."

end

--Now you can use mon just like you would use term (stands for terminal).

--Instead of typing this,

peripheral.call(side,"write", "The mining turtles can bypass protections!")

--you just have to type this.

mon.write("The mining turtles can bypass protections!")

--Both of these do the same thing, though the second option is easier to read and quicker to type. Note, the monitor does not have print(), only write().

Here are all the APIs for ComputerCraft. http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Category:APIs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No it cant. I cleared the cache and got the same thing.

well have you tried updating your launcher did a few test's apparently update only fails if your using a lower version of the Technic launcher while trying to update a higher version of a mod pack that was updated with the newest version of the launcher. So as far as i am concerned try deleting any mod pack your trying to update or download and re install the launcher should be fixed.

I still can't get tekkit to launch can someone explain in english what I need to do to fix it

well heres a few suggestions:

delete your .technic launcher and clear cache then delete your launcher and re install it.

disable your anti virus if it's a hello problem teats how you fix disable your anti virus and do it apparently anti virus won't allow you to download some stuff. (learned that by my friend having to deactivate his and it worked)

or just plain old delete your .techniclauncher folder works for me most of the time. (also don't know why but a lot of people have problems with AVG but i don't maybe it's the type of OS that has AVG)

.... *Face Palm* ....

I'll tell you before a mod does, continuing an old thread is not the way to go.

Mods have many times advised against jumping on necroers, since it's a grey area of the rules, AND also against talking in their place. What you're doing, Luke, very much looks like backseat modding.

Mods have many times advised against jumping on necroers, since it's a grey area of the rules, AND also against talking in their place. What you're doing, Luke, very much looks like backseat modding.

- removed-

EDIT: decided that its not my place to say what is and isn't backseat modding

It was more a warning to him I thought. If it make you feel better I'll edit it.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my good god people...

1) "Java 8" noob

2) "pc as operating system" noob

3) This report is totally fake and the sole intent of it is to make people mongrel over it for no good reason.

3) I repeated 3. Deal with it.

4) Old ass launcher.

Hope this helps!

Oh my good god people...

1) "Java 8" noob

2) "pc as operating system" noob

3) This report is totally fake and the sole intent of it is to make people mongrel over it for no good reason.

3) I repeated 3. Deal with it.

4) Old ass launcher.

Hope this helps!

Oh the humanity!

I'm afraid there is no hope for you.