The one who shall not be named... needs a buff

Red-TapeRecorder

I've been playing Minecraft (vanilla with some minor mods.) and Tekkit. In both I have always felt bad for a NPC that is made by stacking two blocks of snow and then putting a pumpkin on top of it. It wanders around areas and can attack hostile mobs, but it only knocks them back and does not do any damage. If you don't know what NPC I am talking about then please actually play the game and pay attention :).

I was wondering if the one who shall not be named deserves a small buff so. Maybe allow him/her/it to do some damage and give it more health or simply should we leave it as is?

Wouldn't it be overpowered then, as it is easy to build out of renewable resources?

Well Pumpkins are not that common at all. They are not rare, but they are uncommon to say the least. To answer your question I think the fact that the Pumpkins are a pain to find (unless you get lucky and stumble upon them) that evens it out. Snow on the other hand is easy to find a make into blocks.

The unspeakable one actually does do damage, but it's takes so long that you don't notice it

I didn't even realize that. I think a Skeleton would be able to kill it before it could do anything if that's the case though.

The player is not spawned into the world with them. In order to get them (the seeds) you have to find a mineshaft then raid some chests and hope there some seeds while you fight mobs. If the seeds were in over abundance like grass (which makes sense that grass is) then I would say it would be too easy, but currently its not.

The player is not spawned into the world with them. In order to get them (the seeds) you have to find a mineshaft then raid some chests and hope there some seeds while you fight mobs. If the seeds were in over abundance like grass (which makes sense that grass is) then I would say it would be too easy, but currently its not.

Still, once you get your hands on some seeds, you pretty much have an infinite supply, thanks to farming.

You can find a pumpkin on the surface and craft it into four seeds.

Are you sure Jake? I know ive had battles between them and skeletons before in creative and both sides had casualties.

Friendly fire between the skeletons?