Thaumscraft 2 preview

killerx09

I hit up Az's channel to check out the world features in addition to that link. Wow. This + Technic is going to be jaw dropping.

I've said it elsewhere, but i'm particularly looking forward to intentionally tainting lands that house things/enemies i don't like.

See how those norman prats deal withthe corruption of their entire landscape >: )

This would be so cool if this was available in SMP.

relatively soon it sounds like Mojang is going to merge SMP and SSP into the same architecture, so unless azanor says "absolutely not, i'm going to hardcode my mod to be SSP only" Thaumcraft will make to multiplayer.

relatively soon it sounds like Mojang is going to merge SMP and SSP into the same architecture, so unless azanor says "absolutely not, i'm going to hardcode my mod to be SSP only" Thaumcraft will make to multiplayer.

I look forward to this happening. I pretty much only play tekkit (though that preview has made me think about dorking around a bit in technic, once it includes TC2) and I would love to have this mod on my server. the portals alone are amazing and worth it.

I look forward to this happening. I pretty much only play tekkit (though that preview has made me think about dorking around a bit in technic, once it includes TC2) and I would love to have this mod on my server. the portals alone are amazing and worth it.

I've been on tekkit recently, but im definitely playing at least one run through of the dev build, because the dev build apparently now has Wedge and TC2.

It may have other things as well, but wedge and TC2 totally sold me on it.

You still think Mojang is capable of major software development like a modding API or a unified SSP/SMP substrate? Aww...... you're so cute. I hope the world bends you over gently when it takes your innocence away.

You still think Mojang is capable of major software development like a modding API or a unified SSP/SMP substrate? Aww...... you're so cute. I hope the world bends you over gently when it takes your innocence away.

There's no real reason not to believe it. Jeb has been good to us, and the irrational notch hate is unproductive.

Notch more or less got burnt out on Minecraft and it showed bigtime. A lot of his promises went unfulfilled. Jeb on the other hand has actually shown by his actions he's capable of delivering. Now, whether or not we see the API by 1.3 or not, that remains to be seen. But since Jeb has taken over, we've seen some great updates (and not so great updates).

Mojang as a whole has proven that it doesn't take a large corporation to put together a successful piece of software and they've also shown that they actually give a shit.

You're just so jaded that all you see is black on black with slight hints of dark gray. Not that I blame you, you've got every right to be jaded. But don't shit on anyone else because they don't share the same grim views. Also, you clearly need to drink more. First beer is on me.

• Forum Administrators

Well according to ~my sources~ the recently hired bukkit guys have no intention of making a client side API. This could be good or bad depending on a whole lot of things, but it looks like we aren't going to get something to replace Forge, ever. Not officially, and not from Mojang.

The distrust and bleak outlook is completely justified. Jeb is better than notch, but he isn't the best. We wanted 4k block IDs, we got a classic Notch moment of 'woops' and instead got lol cats. Did anyone really want cats? Probably, but a lot of people didn't.

People get excited about upside-down stairs, we're over here making nuclear reactors with panels and quarter blocks. People get boners with the thought of new sandstone, we are busy harvesting thaum crystals and telporting through our portal networks.

It is insulting that Mojang, and Notch specifically, snubs the modding community so badly. In spite of that people love the game so much that we get so much new content, creativity, and longevity. I don't know about you guys, personally, but I am quite amazed at just how much I still play and enjoy Minecraft. Mojang should be bending over backwards to cultivate the modding community instead of ignoring it.

:argh:

Well according to ~my sources~ the recently hired bukkit guys have no intention of making a client side API. This could be good or bad depending on a whole lot of things, but it looks like we aren't going to get something to replace Forge, ever. Not officially, and not from Mojang.

Jeb has mentioned an idea of completely removing (or altering) ssp -basically switching over to a game mode similar to smp, where you simply invite friends over to your personal world. Maybe that's why they are ignoring the client side?

I have no idea how I feel about that, nor how that would affect ssp mods, or future modding, but it could be interesting, and hopefully if we're lucky, it could actually turn out to be beneficial. :S

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/rha09/mojang_im_really_really_dissapointed_in_you/c45t73o

Kake, I'm sorry, but at least I got a reply.

Well, now that I've seen firsthand what modding a Java-based system is like, I can say that as long as they stick with Java we're fine. We can literally change any line of code in the program to do whatever we want at any time, and we have projects like Modloader, MCP, and Forge making it happen in a logical and organized (mostly) way. As these projects continue to mature, we can basically say "fuck it, who cares about a modding api anyway" and never care again.

Any modding api would probably just be an inferior set of hooks into the code that forge already has anyway. *shrug* Technic Pack is the future, and Mojang (no matter who is running it now) is just our crazy, doddering old parent, that we've patted on the head and left behind, because he's just too out of touch and no longer needed. (Thankfully unlike my real parents, who keep up just fine. :P)

Well, now that I've seen firsthand what modding a Java-based system is like, I can say that as long as they stick with Java we're fine. We can literally change any line of code in the program to do whatever we want at any time, and we have projects like Modloader, MCP, and Forge making it happen in a logical and organized (mostly) way. As these projects continue to mature, we can basically say "fuck it, who cares about a modding api anyway" and never care again.

Any modding api would probably just be an inferior set of hooks into the code that forge already has anyway. *shrug* Technic Pack is the future, and Mojang (no matter who is running it now) is just our crazy, doddering old parent, that we've patted on the head and left behind, because he's just too out of touch and no longer needed. (Thankfully unlike my real parents, who keep up just fine. :P)

I agree here, but there are some great changes that mojang make at times (jungles being one) but i dont understand why as Kaker said people get boners at new sandstone.

I agree here, but there are some great changes that mojang make at times (jungles being one) but i dont understand why as Kaker said people get boners at new sandstone.

You don't go on minecraftforums.net much, do you?