update 0.6.0 concerns....

condo49

• Discord Moderator

Your electric engines are gone because the Transformers mod has been removed. The functionality of that mod (well, most of it) can be accomplished with more features using PowerCrystal's Power Converters. Think Energy Link with producers and consumers. Personally I also like the engines and the fact that I could just put one anywhere and power it with a charged up crystal, but them's the beans.

As for Modular Power Suits... as far as I can tell, 0.6.0 has the Modular Powersuits mod. An upgrade to 0.3.0-178 from 0.2.2-144 to be exact. What makes you think they aren't there?

Mods I see missing (just looking at zip, haven't started 0.6.0 yet):

Modular Force Field Systems

Transformers

Can't check right now, but unless 0.6.0 is listed as recommended then it's a dev version and dev versions will likely lack some mods.

How many dev versions in the past have been released that lacked computercraft?

This is why Latest-n-Greatest is a bad thing. You pounce on every little release because it's all shiny and new, and then complain when an incomplete testing release is incomplete.

• Discord Moderator

No point in complaining when you can fix the "problem" in a minute or two of work.

Truer words have seldom been said. Given that, I do understand the appeal that if one has a server that just a few friends use that telling them "Just use build 0.x.y" instead of having them have to add it their clients or make a custom mod pack (although that last option would admittedly be better long term).

I think it's only logical people move to bleeding status packages if the recommended build has a major bug in it. :)

Not meant as a jab but the ic2 bug is really bloody annoying... It made me look for an update daily anyway. ;)

I agree, i check for an update every single day because of that texture glitch.

... It made me look for an update daily anyway. ;)

I agree, i check for an update every single day because of that texture glitch.

I would just patch IC2 with newer versions till that was fixed, still I suppose that option doesn't work for everyone but then, I don't see it as that much of a problem, until it comes to adjusting power storage and transformer blocks but I can live with it, to each their own